Cheap Kit from the Chinese Hoards from the East

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Muller

Cheap Kit from the Chinese Hoards from the East

Post by Muller »

Hi there, have you seen the hoong kong ebay selers lately?? Lots of Luftwaffe gear, and also white HBT work tunic and trousers.

I have heard the tropical motorcycle coats are good too, maybe a must have item for the summer :wink:
Last edited by Muller on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

the white hbt is kack, the original stuff was never that white, even if you bleach it!
Muller

Post by Muller »

a roll round in the bushes and there be all right badger :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Dan - the term "chink" when not applied to armour is a derogatory term used to refer to people of Chinese origin - Much like the word "nigger" when used to people of Afro American or African origin.
As such I think that using it on an open forum and especially one which has to be very careful for fear of being labelled "Nazi" or racist is a bit....... risque?
Me? I'm not PC AT ALL but I do think hard before typing some stuff.... Please consider changing your title for the potential good of us all.....
Thanks.
Timetripsinc

Post by Timetripsinc »

Herr Leutnant,

You obviously meant "Chinese Hordes" as otherwise you were implying they have huge stocks of this and that which isn't the case. Close inspection of materials they have produced leads to the conclusion that they can copy just about anything IF they have ever laid their hands on the real deal. Much the same as the average Indian craftsman.
One thing I noticed on jump smocks though is that they inevitably get the wind cuffs wrong as they use some kind of green nylon parachute material instead of the sturdy cotton blue grey duck material. Never mind as the first thing anyone in his right mind does is tear them out regardless.
Thing is that given the ultimate low prices they offer the stuff at, you simply can't turn your back on it anymore if you care to get your entire unit well clad in the course of the season : )

Ojgr. Ritter
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Good old Dan...... Hordes of Chinese...... Somehow that sounds right.....
Is the man in charge a Horder?
Timetrips - You're lucky he didn't spell it "Whoreds".... we'd have all been putting an order in!!!!!

They certainly have the edge on price but having taken the plunge and obtained StuG uniforms, we are finding that you have to move buttons, resew ALL the buttons on before wearing them, Mix sizes to fit, take sleeves/legs up, details are... questionable in some instances..... Overall the look is cool. But the accuracy is 60%. The ones we have are "OK" for colour but are more early war than late..... One acknowledged expert (Who many of us have bought from in the past) examined mine and tried it on. His verdict was "not bad" - but he didn't say "perfect".

HK stuff is cheap and cheerful. It's OK for a stopgap but if you want 100% accuracy you still have to pay for it...... and we know where you have to go for 100% - Only a true handful of dealers stock kit that is spot on. Depends what you're looking for... a good starter impression or a long term accurate one.
While we wear the HK stuff, we are settling for cut corners and thus diluting the search for accuracy. It's not quite on a par with wearing Swedish but you know what I mean. It's the diffrence between having all original stuff in your pockets and packs and carrying a moby and your car keys..... No one sees it and only we know..... some of us are cool with it others are not..... And there is room for both camps..... At least both of these avenues has brought us thus far and improved what we do dramatically especeailly in the last two years. I hope it continues and that the HK stuff improves in accuracy whilst keeping within people's pocket. I hope the other stuff continues to maintain it's high standard whilst finding a way of becoming affordable to all.
Timetripsinc

Post by Timetripsinc »

Well spoken and all too true. I have always been lucky enough to locate some originals in my size for decent money but was "raised" to the belief that only the best was good enough. To add to my fortune, the best was always close-by and affordable.
One last good thing about the chinese is that the accept returns AND listen to your comments as it improoves on the quality of their products. So anything inaccurate as you've commented should go their way along with the inaccurate goods. Let them redo whatever's wrong and credit them when they've matched your standards. It will still be dead cheap! If we allow them to be dead-accurate by sharing our knowledge with them we're doing ourselves a favour...

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”