Tip:- entrencing tool (folded)

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Pietje

Tip:- entrencing tool (folded)

Post by Pietje »

yesterday a entrenchingtool was sold on ebay.de for 191 Euro.... ! For those who do not have so much money they can buy a Dutch entrenching tool as used by the Dutch army in the '50 for only 10 Euro...
If you are interested have a look at http://www.marktplaats.nl and write 'schop' or 'schep ' in the search box.... Please take note of the different models...

For more info on the Dutch entrenching tool have a look at the ATF webpage.
Timetripsinc

Post by Timetripsinc »

Pietje,

I assume this was for an intrenchment tool plus carrier as otherwise it would be over the top regardless the condition of the item.

Ritter
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

Yes , 191 for entrencingtool AND carrier-back, but still I find it 'over the top' considering that you can buy a repro carrier for already 25 Euro...
Timetripsinc

Post by Timetripsinc »

A matter of taste and appreciation then. My first was a folding spade similar in style to the Dutch post war version with a cover made of "Ersatz"material, in my case pressed paper without the more usual pigskin texture. It was a box lid model, the fanciest design available.
I almost ruined that thing by actually wearing the 55+ year old item at Beltring in "99. Me being me I obviously had to climb a fence and nearly wrecked the delicate material jumping down. After that I decided I had better build my own cover using sturdy leather and meticulously duplicating every original detail. I managed so at the cost of a full week's work and may now conclude that my cover will last longer than the Reich : )
Come and see me sporting it one day for real!

Ritter

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”