Jump boots or ankle boots

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

littletankman

Jump boots or ankle boots

Post by littletankman »

Hi I have a bit of Fj kit and wondered if late war say during the Battle of the Bulge could paras wear Army issue ankle boots , and with or without gaiters .Also black or brown leather could I get away with black belt , one K98 pouch . Only asking I'm on a tight budget at the mo and have ankle boots. Also para Y strap colours ?

Here is some.

Thanks Andy
nilznl

Re: Jump boots or ankle boots

Post by nilznl »

Pretty much all of that goes for that timeframe. Y-straps in black, brown or none at all. You'll want to throw in some cold weather clothing though :wink:
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate , I was going to do Normandy but the boot issue put me of plus wanted to take my G43 (home made) . I only have the standard FJ uniform , splinter and tan / water smock's . I do have the balaclava thing (sorry don't know proper name) I was going along the lines of the FJ on the back of the Kingtiger seen in the picts during the Battle of the Bulge .

Thanks Andy :)
GD Chaindog

Post by GD Chaindog »

can you elaborate on the homemade G43?
majorsmith

Post by majorsmith »

i think ankle boot are fine for normandy, lots of replacement troops in the fj by then, taken from luftwaffe field division, you see jack boots worn as well, and stahlhelms, i wear ankle boots for my late war look, i dont have yellow tabs either on my flieger, i think there's such a mish mash during the late war period, as long as you do the research
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

why winter gear? the tankriders wore their bonesack... Ok I would wear an undershirt and a pullover extra, but reversable wintergear no.

FJ would wear lowboots with gaiters, FJ boots, Stiefel
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
nilznl

Post by nilznl »

I meant any kind of kit that might keep you warm in your Wolfgrabhüle really. Pullover, greatcoat, turtleneck from Mutti, gloves, scarf...The occasional reversible parka as well though right?
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi all thanks dfor the imput.

Andy :)

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”