Drops Canisters Tactical Markings

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

andyFJR2

Drops Canisters Tactical Markings

Post by andyFJR2 »

Gents

I am trying to source as much info on the markings on the outside of drops canisters. I have seen the FJR2 (Belgium Boys) site which lists the FL numbers but am looking for the main markings for the outside. I've seen other units markings but want to know where to get the info and did it follow a set pattern?

I've seen 2 red stripes with the 'B' letter, black canister with 2 white stripes and 'M' (medical I presume as it also shows the red cross) and just wanted to know if there is a set pattern? Comments I've seen say that different sections, platoon etc used their own scheme to identify but this seems un-natural as surely it would follow a organised pattern.

Any references or links would be most helpful.

Andy
pepperpot

Re: Drops Canisters Tactical Markings

Post by pepperpot »

again not wishing to send you to another forum but the answers you are looking for apparently dont exist in text any more
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... hp?t=83885
graham
andyFJR2

Post by andyFJR2 »

Graham

Many thanks for the link. I find it surprising that with the Teutonic way for everything being in order that there was no set marking for the canisters. Heyho.... :roll:

Andy
scrann

Post by scrann »

the painting of them just seems very random looking at wartime photos , when people ask me about mine i just tell em its so i can identify it as its floating to earth with all the others
Attachments
10599358_10204577005965487_6847508353520099333_n.jpg
10599358_10204577005965487_6847508353520099333_n.jpg (77.17 KiB) Viewed 6954 times
Westerwald

Post by Westerwald »

scrann wrote:the painting of them just seems very random looking at wartime photos , when people ask me about mine i just tell em its so i can identify it as its floating to earth with all the others
Scrann.

Great pic fella. Haven't seen that one before. :)

Steve
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Great pic Scrann :D a new one to me. Where did you get that from?

As far as i have read into drop cannisters, it was the unit's responsibility to mark up their own so to quickly identify their own kit eg radio, weapons, medical once on the ground.

Nice to see what appears to be white drop cannisters with various markings as well as darker (grey? green?) cannisters.

Regards,

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”