FJ collar tabs, color, source

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Pyotr

FJ collar tabs, color, source

Post by Pyotr »

I am looking for a good, most typically coloured collar tabs for a FJ. I have read they were orange hued yellow. (as opposed to the more bright yellow sometimes seen).

I am sure there was a range of colour found, but I have never seen even one original tab, and colour monitors being what they are, I don't trust books and computer pictures. So does anyone know of some vendors that sell a shade known to be typical?
Thanks
pepperpot

Re: FJ collar tabs, color, source

Post by pepperpot »

they varied greatly in colour depending on the manufacturer and year made, I was told anything between the orangey/yellow to bright yellow, depending on what colour dies were available. check out here

http://www.historical-militaria-shop.com/
graham
_Arthur

Post by _Arthur »

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

Thanks for the help. I know Christan is a member here, and I have ordered some tabs from him. I have ATF and Janke/Bill Bureau also. while I have not seen Luftwaffe supplies, I suspect and believe that they will be good. So All the ones I have have an orange cast to the yellow. Yet, I would just like to have someone who has seen originals and was able to compare to the repros. It s not that I want to damn the above makers, but I like to know the range of colours and when I am asked if my waffenfarbe is right, I hate to say that I have no idea. (plus, I really like orange tinted yellow!)

Peter
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

sorry to nag but my post above has answered your question, the colours varied right though the war.
graham

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”