LW Collarless Shirts

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Goffredo

LW Collarless Shirts

Post by Goffredo »

Hi all,

I'm new to the Fallscirmjaeger world and have a question about what to wear under my fliegerbluse. The impression I'm going after is a jaeger in 2./FJR3 circa 1940/1941.

I have seen a few references here on the board to wearing the 1943 blue flecked service shirt or the Heer's shirt (?), but before that what was the regulation shirt? I again have read of references and seen a few not so clear photos of a white shirt being worn during Op. Mercury, but was it a collarless white cotton shirt, with a v-neck or a standup collar? Or something else, could you wear a civilian shirt?

One more not shirt related question. I have also read that the blue with white dots ascot/scarf was a FJR1 item. Any thoughts?

Thanks for you help, Jeff
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

They wore a white collarless pull over shirt. The only people I know do them are lost battalions.

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german33- ... Shirt.html

You may be able to find something similair on ebay. These are to be worn with a kragenbind on your fleigerbluse. When the fleigerbluse is on you should not be able to see any of the white shirt. I have an original pic somewhere. i will post it if I can find it.
Goffredo

Post by Goffredo »

Hi Paul,

I thought there was a difference between the Heer shirt's collar and the LW's collarless shirt style, i.e. Heer stand up and LW a v-neck?

Thanks, Jeff
Noily

Post by Noily »

paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Thanks, Noily, boy Barry does everything now!!!!!!
Fenech

Post by Fenech »

paulmfjr2 wrote:Thanks, Noily, boy Barry does everything now!!!!!!
I'm surprised he hasn't done them in every type of camo he has!

SASAK - the Society for the Abolition of Splinter A Knochensack

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”