Hong Kong made fallschirmjäger helmets?

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Mikkel

Hong Kong made fallschirmjäger helmets?

Post by Mikkel »

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-German-Fallsch ... dZViewItem

Is this helmet any good? I have heard that the shells from Hong Kong actually are the same as sold both in Europe and in the USA. SO i guess it could be a good purchase? But what about the liner?
simon

Post by simon »

Can't speak for the Fallschirmjaeger helmet but my m35 is from Hong Kong ....and its sweet....spot on.Had to respray it but that's it :)
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

From what I have read elsewhere, these seem to be a copy of the copy helmets sold by At the Front, but he's not selling his ones now because the Chinky ones are cheaper. I may be wrong about this but they look like the same ones, there's a bit on the Front website about them.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

It was Lost Battalions and Edelweiss Militaria who sold them originally. They aren't copies of them though, they were being made in the far east for them anyway. They just started selling them direct :D
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

You mean to say that some dealers will tell little porkies to inflate their profits?? :shock: :lol:
well I never, what a horrible cut-throat world.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Who'da thunk it ? :lol:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

BaggyPants wrote: They just started selling them direct :D
At a quarter of the price, which isn't everything but in this case....
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Seems to happen quite a bit, doesn't it ? Bloke selling gear at a certain price, thinking no one will get them from the same supplier, suddenly finds that another dealer is selling the same thing much cheaper. Did I mention Fallschirmjager trousers ? :lol:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Hmmm? I dont recall, if it's not too far OT [still FJR] pray refresh my feeble mind.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

And I quote:
BaggyPants wrote:Anthony Holes stuff is top value and competing very nicely with the expensive Underwood gear. In fact, last I heard, he was selling the same Fallschirmjager trousers as Dicky for just over half the price ;) I've seen them, and they're superb 8)
Jack

Post by Jack »

BaggyPants wrote:Did I mention Fallschirmjager trousers ? :lol:

AND!! Plane tree, burred edge, palm clump smocks, the US made ones (the ones that where only sold by RU in the UK i think) sold by SOF now, at a show they're £75 8)
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”