Non standard FJ uniform and gear

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

dagda

Non standard FJ uniform and gear

Post by dagda »

We are all aquainted with the FJ standard kit, as well as tropical items. My question is there other stuff that was issued or made in quantities, but not standard! I know Mountain troop kit was worn, Im thinking italian camo, Heer HBT, splinter stuff, whatever, be interested in views and pics.? :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

mikebie

Re: Non standard FJ uniform and gear

Post by mikebie »

Where do we start???!!!!
There is a section in the back of Soldat 8 entitled 'Out of the Ordinary' that covers all sorts of variations on standard kit. North Africa was especially prone to the use of captured stocks of tropical clothing and equipment as well as field made uniform items.
It also appears that Mountain equipment, issued prior to the Norway campaign, was jealously guarded and can be seen well into the late war period.
Not sure about quantity though....
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Jump smocks in Italian cammo, and I have several photo's of an unusual tropical tunic being worn by at least a platoon sized unit. This tunic looks to be tan in colour, is short like the fleigerbluse but has breast pockets like the standard tropical jacket. I will post some pics shortly.
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Here you go......

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

I just noticed these pictures. What I love is how many versions of a uniform there are in the pictures. From my two military services (US navy and US Air Force) unless there was an absolutely required uniform, there were many days that we were about this varied. We used to say that with 8 Airmen in a group, there would be 9 versions of the uniform worn. These Germans seemed to have done it far earlier ! As a result, I sometimes get annoyed when it is assumed that every German dressed per the regs. (But I am not saying toss everything out the window either!) Just look at the pictures before saying every one MUST wear this to march in parade)
Pyotr

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”