Detailing Kriegers 1/6th WSC

pzrwest

Detailing Kriegers 1/6th WSC

Post by pzrwest »

Krieger's WSC Detailing

Krieger asked me if I would add some detail parts from Amorpax to her White Scout Car. The following Armopax white metal and resin detail parts were used:
AP025-US 1917A1 Cradle for .30 Cal MG
AP095-US US Skate Rail Carriage X 2
AP096-US Early Style 50 Cal mount
AP113-US US Tie Downs
AP116-US US Truck Style Headlight Set
Here are some pics of the detailing so far more pics will follow.
Update:
I have lowered the skate rail which was very simple to do once you remove the hidden screws. The it's just a matter of removeing about 3/8" off each of the supports on each side then replace and replace the screws. Here are the next installment of pics
This pic shows the skate rail modified and re-insalled back in the hull
The next 2 pics show the amount that was needed to be removed from the 3 posts on each side
This last pic shows the shutters removed from the front of the engine compartment, you will also see the new brackets that the hull screws are screwed into since the orginal ones are molded into the back of the shutter section that was removed
Update:
Well I was going to make it a surprize for Krieger reguarding the shutters but hard to post any pics of the front without giving the surprize away so here are picks of the working shutters and the headlights installed. I used the clear lenses from the stock headlights in the Amorpax headlights instead of the white metal ones
Shutters closed
Shutters open
Headlights
Next two the interior workings of the shutters
Update:
Well the work continues. Have replaced the gauges and speedo with correct ones and in the correct location. The speedo goes on the right and the gauges go on the left. I scratchbuilt a new steering wheel and turn signal arm to replace the stock 21C one. Here is the next set of pics:
In this next pic is a re-sized image of the real WSC data plate affixed to the dash
Since she is going to crew this with a Russian crew this nice Mk19 radio with both English amd Russian lettering from Panzerwerk would go very nicely in this WSC. This picture is my MK19 radio that I aquired. I placed a Bic lighter on tp to show just how small but detailed it is
pzrwest

Re: Detailing Kriegers 1/6th WSC

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Well the plant workers were hard at work and rolled another WSC out of the plant for shipping to Mother Russia. Now the WSC will fall into Krieger's talented hands to weather and send out to the waiting crew to advance toward the Germans. Here are the final pics before Krieger picks it up. As always comments are most welcomed.... Harold

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”