Black Op's

dog green 1

Black Op's

Post by dog green 1 »

Well finally got around to buying Black Op's as MW3 is part of the Xmas embargo so thought this would see me through. Really dissapointed with the actual game. Seems to be overly gruesome and violent for violents sake, as if its going for the shock factor. There is an option a the beging for graphic content but think that might be more to do with the kut scenes.

Cut scenes/talkie bits go on for too long. NVA/VC bad guys on one level are armed with Spas 12 shotguns and FN/SLR rifles :roll: . The Khe Sahn level finds the hero speeding around on the back of what looks like a Humvee taking out Russian tanks with TOW wire guided missles. Can't seem to remember seeing those in any of my Vietnem history books. Targets seem to blow to pieces when hit with the magnum revolver, again for that extra gore factor and when the Allies on the WWII level show up they are wearing balaclavas and have subdued Union Jacks on their winter jackets.

It only really seems to improve when you get to Russia and are using the more modern kit. Before then it was an absolute blat fest with no other tactics required other than to shoot, stab or blow to pieces anything that moved.

Had a quick go on the on-line game and that did seem pretty good. Will know better when I've a real chance to get into it.

My only comfort is that this was made by a different crowd to those behind the MW series. If you haven't got this its only worth buying if you can find it in the bargin bucket or play on-line rather than the actual campaign.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Pz Gren Hoffmann

Re: Black Op's

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

Yeah the single player isn't the best from a historical point of view, but it's all fiction anyway, so i'm not to bothered with it.

However the muliplayer part is the main focus in black ops, and i really enjoy it.

Also the zombie mode is great, especially if you got all the map packs, wich include all zombie maps from call of duty world at war aswell.
dog green 1

Re: Black Op's

Post by dog green 1 »

The game was dissapointing because with other titles such as MW1, MW2. Medal oh Honor, etc you feel you can go back and do the whole campaign again or selected levels. can't see me going back to this one. As for the fiction part of things I'm not suggesting for a second its based on fact but the characters could at least be issued with historically acurate weapons. Other titles manage it so why not this one.

I do agree though that this is probably a game focussed mainly on the on-line side of things. Once the wife goes to bed I can see it getting a proper hammering.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”