Call of Duty 4

jacket

Call of Duty 4

Post by jacket »

Call of Duty 4

now, call of duty 4 is coming out soon and from the day i heard i could not wait to get my hands on a copy, don my kar92 and head off into the countryside for some more yank-bashing multiplayer action.

to this end, you can only imagine my sheer horror at the title of the latest installment:

call of duty 4 - MODERN WARFARE

modern warfare??? MODERN WARFARE?!?!?! hmmm.

now, if i want modern warfare i go out and buy battlefield 2 or something not call of duty, but i must admit that even though, for the time being at least while they've dropped the whole ww2 platform, the call of duty 4 trailers do look pretty sweet, and i'm convinced that if their past history is anything to go on, that the gameplay should be equally as good.

besides, we've still got call of duty 3, which is still holding its own.

what are your opinions on the change of era and the game itself.

http://www.callofduty.com :shock: :shock: :twisted:
Leutnant Jacket

Jetzt, wo die Hölle tat, stelle ich meinen Panzer ab?
Ah dort ist es auf dem Kommandeurwagen der Feldwebel!

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk
Obergefreiter JR

Post by Obergefreiter JR »

I too, when I saw COH4 thought "YES!!!!!! another WW2 epic" but hen under the title it said MODERN WAREWARE. Heartbraking !!!! What are they thinking about ????
Danke

Joseph Ruddock
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I'm entirely NOT interested on CoD4 due to the reasons as above. Nothing's better that looking thru' that kar98k's zf cross and seeing those helmets falling off :)

Better choose MoH: Airborne...
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

No No NOOO, what are you guys talking about ???

COD3? OMG , give it here and i will do a big steamy poo on it. MOH:airborne? OMG ill eat a curry then do a big runny steamy poo on it!!!.

If you want a WW2 game, then COD2 is still the oroginal beast then you have red orchestra. COD4 is a nice breather, adding some modern action in, you cant beat running around a map with an AK47 as a terrorist shouting allah akbar :).
I have already played COD4 multiplayer and singleplayer and it is most impressive. The ww2 series was getting exhausted on the console/pc market because there has been so many before which are stilll played with a few more coming out. If COD4 came out as a WW2 sim, it would be the same as COD2 , not that i am complaining because i still play COD2 as it is an awsome game while COD3 was shit. Game producers Have to go where the money is, and WW2 was drying up off funds so Infinity ward has gone to a wider audience.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

What about Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts ? :)
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Obergefreiter JR

Post by Obergefreiter JR »

I love the COH series and especially Opposing fronts but can be arcadish at times.
Danke

Joseph Ruddock
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

I think Red orchestra ostfront is the best by far, from a realism perspective anyway. I'm planning on staying as far away from CoD4 as possible. On the other hand Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway looks promising.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

sorry it my post sounds hitler'ish, just very passionate about me games :).

Yeah BIA@hells highway looks awsome , should be out soon!.

Red orchestra rules, am always play 24/7 Arad Real Forests :)
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Hans Gowert wrote:No No NOOO, what are you guys talking about ???

COD3? OMG , give it here and i will do a big steamy poo on it. MOH:airborne? OMG ill eat a curry then do a big runny steamy poo on it!!!.

If you want a WW2 game, then COD2 is still the oroginal beast then you have red orchestra. COD4 is a nice breather, adding some modern action in, you cant beat running around a map with an AK47 as a terrorist shouting allah akbar :).
I have already played COD4 multiplayer and singleplayer and it is most impressive. The ww2 series was getting exhausted on the console/pc market because there has been so many before which are stilll played with a few more coming out. If COD4 came out as a WW2 sim, it would be the same as COD2 , not that i am complaining because i still play COD2 as it is an awsome game while COD3 was shit. Game producers Have to go where the money is, and WW2 was drying up off funds so Infinity ward has gone to a wider audience.

LMFAO Tom you crack me up mate.
:lol:

Yeah COD4 is awsome, a friend of mine was a beata tester for their Xbox version, so I know it kicks ass. Davi davi!! 8)
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Hi , is there a ww2 game for the PS2 that you can actually play the german :cry:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
hitlerjugend

Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by hitlerjugend »

well what can i say COD4 is 100% better than COD3
although it is not ww2, the gameplay and weapons etc are so much better
i have the xbox 360 version of both
cod3 may aswell be traded in now as i never play it anymore
anyone reading this that has COD4 or Halo3 and fancys a bash on xbox live against me
my gamer tag is zac 2OO8
the OO in 2OO8 is capital o's not numbers
add me and be prepared to be beat lol
zac
''Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue''
12th SS-Hitlerjugend
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Just had a brief go of COD4 on my brother-in-laws PC. Fantastic. Love COD2 and all the other WWII shoot em ups but this was a real breath of fresh air. Superb movement especially when running and the guy holds his rifle into his chest and nice smooth reload action.

Graphics were superb but then again his graphics card cost more than my PC :? Also hooked up to surround sound made the whole experience even better. Gives me an excuse to go visit more often
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

dagda

Post by dagda »

call of duty 4 isnt to be bad!! But for the full on experience its battlefield 2 for me!! improved battlefield!! 1942!! I always thought the gameplay was a bit kak for the COD series!!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”