Axis and Allies (2004)

Schutze Mahr

Axis and Allies (2004)

Post by Schutze Mahr »

I've discovered that I can mod (or change the code of this game). Despite being released in 2004 it still has plenty of potential.

I might start a little alternative history story, using screenshots of the game to illustrate.

Despite Hitler's demand that the RAF be eliminated before the Wehrmacht lands on the British coast, recent bouts of excellent weather have been too good to pass up. The Germans to decide to risk a limited attack to see if it opens up more opportunities.
The seaport town of Portsmouth is chosen as the target. It's port will provide an excellent place for German troops to land.
Spearheading the attack to take the town is the 2nd Fallschirmjager Regiment, which lands on the outskirts of Portsmouth, near the beach. The Ju-52 carrying them was shot down shortly after.
Luckily, the city seems to be only weakly held by the British, and the 2nd Regiment take it with light casualties. The AA guns surrounding the city are taken as well.
The Germans have got a foothold on British soil, and a German transport has just offloaded the first Heer regiment in Portsmouth.
However, intelligence reports that several British mechanised units are heading towards Portsmouth from London. The 2nd Regiment and the Heer regiment take positions within the city, and dig in.
HerrGothic

Re: Axis and Allies (2004)

Post by HerrGothic »

After a year of game testing for Rise of Nations, this game drove me absolutly nuts, especially since I could win the campaign game multiple times in an evening.

Klaus

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”