MGC MP40, De ac MP34, MP44, WW1 FLARE PISTOL AND BREN

Traders welcome, although please make trading status obvious.

Moderators: Jaws, berlin1945

panzershark

MGC MP40, De ac MP34, MP44, WW1 FLARE PISTOL AND BREN

Post by panzershark »

RIGHT,
each time ive tried to submit this it says "log in" even though I am, so excuse brevity and apologies for not therefore following the protocol. Im looking to move on the following please ask for pictures/ details if interested. I may be open to offers/part exchanges (see my wants if that submits!) THESE ARE ALL PART OF MY COLLECTION, and have been for years, this is not trading.
MGC MP40, non firer £500 . DEacs: MP44, A NICE ONE £4500, MP34 matching numbers £850. Flare pistol, in very used condition, £250.Bren, details on request.All early spec. Obviously VCR act applies so you will have to prove you are bona fide.
cheers for looking,
sharky
Last edited by panzershark on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saddler

Re: MGC MP40, De ac MP34, MP44, WW1 FLARE PISTOL AND BREN

Post by saddler »

Are these all replicas, or are some de-acts?

(IF the latter then wondering HOW the VCR applies to a de-act?)

What make/model is the flare pistol?
panzershark

Post by panzershark »

lets hope THIS works,
modified ad for extra clarity I thought it was clear from subject line. Ref VCR obviously mostly concerned with the replica, but have heard of cases of early spec de acs being queried in legal circles, so belt and braces!!
cheers
telemark

Post by telemark »

Not exactly sure how it works now regarding the law but unless ALL deacts are re submitted and done to this new poxy Euro standard,selling is prohibited.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

quite correct if they are old spec deacts because of the new law both you and the buyers will be faceing gaol sorry but thats the way it is now, isuggest that you do not advertise non compliand weapons on here as we are undoubtably being watched by the powers that be
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Pardon me chaps but my understanding is that this is not yet law and is, owing to "brexit", unlikely to become so. I had a long conversation with a Kent Police FO at W&P in July as he was looking at my old spec MG34 on the back of my Kubel. He asked to see my Deact certificate and was quite happy and so am I. I know that a huge amount has been written about this issue but I would council you that where you are in doubt contact your local FO they are surprisingly helpful and in many cases enthusiasts themselves.

Yours till the gin runs out

Andy
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
1stPanzerWWIIRESW

Post by 1stPanzerWWIIRESW »

I have a brother in law in the force and he agrees - the law is not in place and now may never be. I also recently bought an old deact K98 from a very reputable dealer.. No problems.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

I was going to start another link, however, I agree with 1st panzer. There are other problems tho, attended a show recently where the section 5 stated that ALL our bf mp.s are illegal, apparently if a new barrel is fitted and the fire more than 3 live rounds they become a section 5. anyone else know about this. Already had a number of these destroyed..................
graham
saddler

Post by saddler »

pepperpot wrote:I was going to start another link, however, I agree with 1st panzer. There are other problems tho, attended a show recently where the section 5 stated that ALL our bf mp.s are illegal, apparently if a new barrel is fitted and the fire more than 3 live rounds they become a section 5. anyone else know about this. Already had a number of these destroyed..................
graham
Not a new test

ANY gun in the FAC/SGC system in the UK, can be tested to make sure it complies with UK firearms law.
For a b/f, say one in 9mm, that is capable of firing LIVE rounds = even if the gun destroys itself in the process after 3 shots, would deem the gun as a live firing (& prohibited) Section 5!!
Makes no sense from a re-enacting perspective, but I think the "ptb" logic stems from the inner city yoofs that have taken on board the conversion of replica or blank firers as a way to tool up for an evenings shooting up the neighbourhood & giving it large to other gentlemen acquaintances in the same line of work...

Having a converted b/f destroyed is the easy option = technically it is a 5 year mandatory spell of leisure at the tax payers expense PLUS the destruction of the b/f
panzershark

Post by panzershark »

to continue,
the experience with police officers themselves would seem to corroborate my latest findings, that indeed it is not law to have them redeactivated, and that there is an amnesty on advertising early de acs on the market. That said, speaking to the London proof house the other day, about getting a cert for the Mp34, they insisted I could send it in the post as NOT a firearm, and that they are not bound to de ac to latest spec "providing you send a cover letter stating it will remain yours and will not be sold on or gifted to anyone"
go with what the rozzers say!

Return to “For sale”