WHO MAKES A GOOD REPRO WINDJACKE?

Moderator: les hearn

Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jagdpanther

Re: WHO MAKES A GOOD REPRO WINDJACKE?

Post by Jagdpanther »

Heeresbergführer wrote:
Grabenkater wrote:
I think BarryLyndon28 at Spearhead Militaria on eBay makes a Windjacke closest to the original olive green color.

Horrido!

Papa
Looking at Spearhead, he does two colours - "Fieldgrey" and "Khaki", which one is the one you refer to/which is best?

"Fieldgrey":

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-German-Gebirg ... 27ab340c46

"Khaki":

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-German-Gebirg ... 5d2d8a85c0

Heeresbergführer

Post by Heeresbergführer »

"Fieldgrey"Image"Khaki"Image

"Original"Image

It's hard to compare a 60+ year old jacket verses newly made ones, but I would go with the 'Fieldgray' version. I think after a wash or two it would look more like the original Windjacke. On the other had you could go with the 'Khaki' and dye it with Olive and see if that would be closer. Hopefully the material is good and windproof.

Horrido!

Papa
Dort, wo der Adler haust!
Hauptmann u. Heeresbergführer "Papa" Kiser
Kompanie Chef
5. Kp./Hochgebirgsjäger Btl. 4

FtrPlt

Post by FtrPlt »

The lack of the wrist adjustment buttons on the Spearhead jacket would suggest they are sharing the same pattern as the Military Harbor version. From the photos, I would guess the Mil Harbor jacket is the 'khaki' color. At $20 less expensive, perhaps Military Harbor is a direct seller for the factory?

It appears several European sellers are offering the same jacket since the missing wrist buttons seems to be common to all of them.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

FtrPlt wrote:The lack of the wrist adjustment buttons on the Spearhead jacket would suggest they are sharing the same pattern as the Military Harbor version. From the photos, I would guess the Mil Harbor jacket is the 'khaki' color. At $20 less expensive, perhaps Military Harbor is a direct seller for the factory?

It appears several European sellers are offering the same jacket since the missing wrist buttons seems to be common to all of them.
Bergheil kamerad!

If you closely look Military Harbor's and Spearhead's windjacket you will notice difference in several details.
Military Harbor and Spearhead are two different shops with own different production.
(Military Harbor is shop from Shanghai - China, Spearhead Militaria is from Singapore)
Several European sellers take goods from them and resell with bigger prices.

Servus!
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I have Speaarhead windjacke at home. Sorry to burst your bubble but its just not good enough.

The most annoying thing is the textile. Its way too soft and not at all windproof. Just a simple cotton twill... If you carefully look you may find that all 'creases' are soft and 'flowing' instead of keeping stiff as in windproof material. I tried to use windproof spray but to little success...

The collar (rounded instead of sharp) and lower pockets (way too small) both look wrong. Although he seems to have changed the pockets.

I dont even mention wrong buttons (which you may opt to replace).

I can sell it if you like it ;)

Details:

Front:

Details of buttons and pockets:

Details of collar and neck closure:

Textile:

Back:
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

FtrPlt

Post by FtrPlt »

Wolf wrote:Bergheil kamerad!

If you closely look Military Harbor's and Spearhead's windjacket you will notice difference in several details.
Military Harbor and Spearhead are two different shops with own different production.
(Military Harbor is shop from Shanghai - China, Spearhead Militaria is from Singapore)
Several European sellers take goods from them and resell with bigger prices.

Servus!
I think one needs to be careful about making assumptions based upon vendor location. Just because Military Harbor is in China and Spearhead is in Singapore does not mean these jackets did not come from the same factory.

Looking at Mario's photos, it appears that these jackets come from the same source. With the missing wrist buttons common to both, how likely is it that two different vendors failed to include the same prominent feature and also decided to use the same lightweight fabric?

My next question is: does anyone else produce the Windjacke?
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

FtrPlt wrote:My next question is: does anyone else produce the Windjacke?
Two producers of the closest replica - LB and HKK, are both out of business unfortunately...
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Whether someone was bought windjacke from HIKI SHOP?

http://hikishop.net/wwii-german-gebirgs ... p-343.html

http://stores.ebay.com/HIKISHOP/_i.html ... =151216360

That HIKI's windjacke seems to be of two layers of fabric... (?)
...it would be nice that someone who bought the jacket share his impressions (!)
FtrPlt

Post by FtrPlt »

The Lomax.de windjacke has been on ebay for a while. I think it's a 15- or 30-day auction. Aside from the color, it looks pretty good. I just don't know enough about these jackets to tell if it's truly an original or just a better-made copy. Price-wise, it's just a bit more than the LB repros were selling for.
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

It is a czech repro.
Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater »

I currently have a LB jacket that I have redyed to a more correct shade. The only issue I have ever had with it is the sleeves are about 1.5 inches too short. Ed seemed to have a fetish with making everything with short sleeves. Other than that, its excellent quality and the fabric is very nice.
Hans Kurtz

Post by Hans Kurtz »

On a new tangent...anoraks.....Try the Ebay dealer 'Aviator'......he has finally found a single layer material for his anoraks and matching trousers. The colour is ok....but could be more 'dirty' earth in colour. The buttons...well as per any repro, you throw them away and (make your own-yes make your own)...or buy conpressed paper originals. The cut is ok on these, but could be a bit longer as the monkey tail- between the legs does not reach the other side!!! Asians can never think of the size of a European it seems. I had to ask him to make the belts for the trousers longer....the metal catch at front at the waist, is a shocker too...not stronge enough to punch through the three prong fitting on buckle etc. The width of legs he is working on ( as these were in the field, pulled over ones boots)...Karl

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”