Gebirgsjager Anorak

Moderator: les hearn

Hans Kurtz

Re: Gebirgsjager Anorak

Post by Hans Kurtz »

Christian_PzJgAbt228 wrote:I have an important question.
What about the trousers? Are they any good from Gavin? Are they avaible at SAMS?

Hi
I can answer that question.Yes Gavin or Aviator supplies them. Don't think Sam's Mili has them as yet.... We purchased a few pairs from Gavin's, the overall ( no pun intended) standard was ok. I explained to him that they had to be baggy and wide enough in the leg to be pulled on over ones boots. The main worry is the buckle... the 3 barbed hook falls apart from use, when you want to lock the belt in a desired position....the metal and quality of buckle is a shocker...throw it away and replace the buckle or don't use the belt and feed some similar cord, as used in the anorak, and feed it through the top of the trousers and tie them tight with a bow etc.
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halle

Post by Halle »

It's also completely the wrong colour .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Christian_Jaeger

Post by Christian_Jaeger »

pk41001.jpg
pk41001.jpg (59.38 KiB) Viewed 10186 times
What about this model from barrylyndon? Is it good?
Adjutant, I./Ski-Jäger Regiment 1, 1.Ski-Jäger Brigade
Halle

Post by Halle »

Forgive me if I'm wrong but - a couple of good examples of originals have been posted on this thread , so a comparison can easily be achieved - I think generally , the cut/ shape of the Windbluse isn't the issue , nor is the fact that you can get it in sage green / grey . The problem is finding it in a decent " tan " colour . And it's impossible to get a specifically made early two pocket version ( though you can get items close enough and adjust them ) .
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hans Kurtz

Post by Hans Kurtz »

I believe that tan anorak is also from 'Gavin Militaria' or 'Aviator'.....
My group uses them..they need a good wash a few times to give a nice aged patina....and if you know how to, a spray of thin watery acrylic paint (and I mean real watery) to add a little age as well.
The buttons all need replacing.....I managed to get some from Germany for my crews anoraks.
Halle

Post by Halle »

Yes , I'm sure it's a Gavin - but don't " age " it , wear it a lot :wink:
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

Goethe wrote:Contacted the seller to see if he would consider changing the color weight on his uniforms, lets see if anything comes from it.

Apparently he took heed and tried another stab at the ol' anorak. This one looks a lot better than his blue crap one, and close to the 'sage green' that Hessen Antique used to sell; pretty sure another company sells these for about the same price, if not more.. but it's still not perfect.. plus the price tag! Probably has somethin' to do with the 'custom tailored' to your size bit.. but I don't think they understand how usually these where worn over feldbluse, gear, and all around rather large. :roll:

Wouldn't look half bad dirtied and worn in a bit, but i'm not sold on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-GERMAN-GEB ... 1114842511
funker50

Post by funker50 »

I think generally , the cut/ shape of the Windbluse isn't the issue , nor is the fact that you can get it in sage green / grey
so did they do them in grey aswell?
I wish the germans used colour film as much as the yamericans did, make it alot easier researching such things, rather than relying on collectors sharing photos of their own examples ;-) hey ho
Vorwärts und aufwärts!
Halle

Post by Halle »

Yes , they made them in grey too ... I understand your frustration , but it's generally not the original colour that's the problem - enough originals exist to see what colour they were , despite ageing , wear etc. , and many variations existed because of the colouring process . The frustration lies in manufacturers generally getting it wrong :roll:
Goethe is right about that custom made one , I'm not sold on it either , the colour looks too modern - again , something manufacturers of these products don't seem to want to take into account .
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Halle

Post by Halle »

Yup - was bidding on that till £150 :lol: ....and since I've only just bought one..... . The collar is badly worn , but , as you say Herr Leutnant , nice example , reasonable size too , and shows the colour these things OUGHT to be :roll:
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

I hope you're not bidding on some M31 Rucksacks as well Stabsfeldwebel...we might be bidding against each other :wink:
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”