ATF Große Gebirgsjägerrucksack

Moderator: les hearn

Gebirgsziege

ATF Große Gebirgsjägerrucksack

Post by Gebirgsziege »

Grüß dich Kameraden!

At the Front (ATF) has announced some fantastic news today. They are soon to offer a große Gebirgsjägerrucksack. They have long had their intentions to do so burried on their news page, but today it said this,

<snip>
"We finally finished the sample Gebirgs ruck. Yes, 4 months after I started clowning around with it. We won't have production models until after January, but finally we're moving on them."
<snip>

Link to the product page with photos and even more information on the soon-to-be released ruck:
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDe ... ode=GGRGEB

$199.99 USD is a more than fair price for a qaulity made ruck. I paid $240.00 USD for my original and it is missing the extenders, has an excellent body, and fair condition leather.

The only current competitor is the Chinese made product on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-GERMAN-ARM ... 35c16b0d66

The youchunhe pictures leave me feeling that the leather is too thin, the top flap is improperly shaped, and some of the hardware is flat out wrong. The ATF pictures...only warm and fuzzy like hot cocoa in the morning while perched on a snowy mountain peak!
Halle

Re: ATF Große Gebirgsjägerrucksack

Post by Halle »

Thanks for the heads up - yes , it looks the part , and yes , the price seems fair - as long as its robust enough to do the job ! My originals are starting to fall to bits :(
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

Excited to see vendors starting to tackle the M31 Gebirgsrucks! ATF's looks fantastic and pretty damn spot on to my originals, and I'm sure the quality will justify the price tag, even though my last two originals I got where had for ~$100 each.

I am hoping with two companies now making them (and a small vendor out of Southern California), others will try to tackle these as well.

A couple of us here in the US are going to try to persuade Hikishop to start production on these and send him off an original from our collection(s) to copy - I am certain the price tag will be much nicer than the $200 ATF has set, but quality is always a major factor.

Any way you slice it, this is fantastic news! Personally I can't bare to take my original packs in the field, and they always end up sitting all pretty at camp; but damn it will be nice to thrash through the mountains and woods with a great reproduction pack! :D
3rdssmann

Post by 3rdssmann »

You said it! It is also nice to see them making the Große Rucksack too, and not settle for a kleine Rucksack or "artillerie pack" like you see many try to reproduce.
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

3rdssmann,
They already make a late version Artillerierucksack, and a beautiful one at that.

Maybe, if the große Gebirgsjägerrucksack sales go well, they could be encouraged to produce a proper kleine Gebirgsjägerrucksack with the built-in shoulder straps. While original kleiner are quite reasonably priced, It would be nice to not have to use one when reenacting. I don't have much heart to wear mine "am Feldzug".
SOT(D)

Post by SOT(D) »

Well, not that this may be news, but I talk with Gina frequently...not enough to be lampooned by her RC, but usually because I buy too much stuff. Anyhow, the rucks should be available in the early Fall. There is a spot to click on the Gebirgs Rucksack window so that you can be e-mailed when they are ready for purchase.

.....also, found one listed on ebay, by the dealer younchunhe2008(17474) it is for $149.00. perhaps this is the Chinese manufacturer who was making them for ATF, and figured on getting in on the action before ATF releases theirs. At this point four have been sold. The overall look of the photos is good, hardware, straps and all. The close ups of the pockets gives one a look of the weave of the cloth, but you cannot tell anymore. For something to thrash about the scree slopes with...maybe?
11th RGT/6thSS Nord- 1/508th PIR
1/5thSFG-3/20thSFG-3/11thSFG
-always looking for details on Nord IDs and soldbuchs
Halle

Post by Halle »

The Chinese made one is awful - poor leather work , nasty looking material . ATF s version , when it's finally ready , is a lot better - though having recently bought a couple of mint originals , I doubt I'll be investing .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

ATF feild gear, like most of their in house reproductions is the best.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”