A New Windjacke

Moderator: les hearn

Feldbluse

A New Windjacke

Post by Feldbluse »

Hello,

there is a new Windjacke from China. But it has a few other details as we are used to. He has also allegedly the original jacket.

original
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-German-Geb ... 4d15f578f9

repro
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-German-Geb ... 4d160b251d

What is your opinion on this jacket?

Best Regards
Halle

Re: A New Windjacke

Post by Halle »

Bearing in mind that there were many " styles " of Windjacke , especially durung the early interwar period when they were popular with Freikorps officers , and , of course , issued to troops during operations in Mountainous terrain , nevertheless , this is one of the least convincing reproductions I have seen ( and practically all are awful ) .

Elasticated back !? Instead of the the adjustable belt ... One button cuff adjusters , and inside ....some more adjusters ( very 50's / 60's ) .... Colour ...no one , it seems can produce anything in sage green ... Pockets - very odd arrangement , don't look right at all .... Can't remember if there's a storm button/flap on the collar ... The material on the repro looks " shiny " and thin ( though the " original does look thicker and of good material ) - like the other repros ... Am I gonna buy it ? It's the equivalent of about £80 - cheap , and it looks it , so no .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

He made a pretty good copy of what looks to be a civilian/interwar/private purchase windjacke.

I know the guy at 3_Reich has made great improvements on his bergmutzen with advice from reenactors.. I wonder if he could make an exact repro off an original Wehrmacht-Heer issued Windjacke. Hm... I might have to message him about this.
Halle

Post by Halle »

Thats a fair point ( though i stand by my earlier comments ) His Bergmutze is indeed the best repro I know - however , he'll need a proper original Windjacke - I don't fancy sending him mine :? Could he work off of pictures do you think ?
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Looks half decent with the elactics...would fit a lot better but the 6 buttons and gapping spaces puts me off...
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”