PDs Airsoft K98

BaggyPants

PDs Airsoft K98

Post by BaggyPants »

Minus a few cosmetics, including adding the bolt release catch, removing the allen bolts in the top of the receiver, and a coat of paint, it's just about finished.

Receiver, inner barrel, main bolt section, magazines, magazine catch and hop are VSR springer. Trigger grouping is a LayLax zero trigger for VRS. Rear of bolt, charging handle, trigger guard/mag housing, outer barrel and front sight are Dboys springer. Stock, rear sight, cleaning rod, barrel bands and retaining spring are original.
JD7

Re: PDs Airsoft K98

Post by JD7 »

Bryn have you created your own Waffenamt yet?
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

i must have one! :evil:

em.xxx
farby but nice!
JD7

Post by JD7 »

I saw Bryn's handywerk today - a really nice piece to look at and from what PD was saying about the number of enemy he engaged and took out - it's a winner.
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Fook me. That looks bloody fantastic Bryn. Top marks fella.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Cheers, chaps, I'm still awaiting the test report from the owner as to its suitability and fps. The receiver will also be reworked to more of a K98 specification before it's painted, with the addition of the larger band around the chamber and.

On another note, I've almost finished converting Stigs AGM Mp40 to full-auto only by blocking the selector plate and removing the naff fire selector switch. The holes are filled with epoxy and just need a paint, then that's done too.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Receiver rework has commenced.

Cut up as rough as a badgers arse:

All the angles rounded off nicely and rear part sloped backwards. Needs the stripper clip slot cutting and filing, and then it'll be smoothed over with my fine files. Once it's attached to the rear part, I'll file the depression on the top at the rear.

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Oooooh, baby! Rear receiver finished except for the flattened bit at the back, which I can't do until it's attached to the rear.

Comparison with genuine Mauser:

The front holes will be covered by the chamber band and the rear one will be filed and filled once it's all together.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Finished:

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Stunning work Bryn, I'll take 2. :lol:
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Wow Bryn, top craftsmanship. Will be in touch to pop down and pay you and PD a visit. Need to pick your brains about a couple of things. :wink:
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Cheers, chaps. I think the Hoffmeister might like it a bit :) Won't be doing another for a while. I'm all K98ed out at the minute :shock:

Return to “WWII Airsoft”