Newbie question

Wittgrim79

Newbie question

Post by Wittgrim79 »

What is airsoft seen this and not sure what this is and I do apologize for the stupid question
klopfen nicht klechern
Chomley-Warner

Re: Newbie question

Post by Chomley-Warner »

Yes, not very obvious is it!

Basically airsoft is private battles used plastic pellet firing guns instead on blank firers. They don't make a nice noise but they do fire actual projectiles and therefore provide the missing element from conventional private battles - you know when you have been hit!. This leads to a very different battle style where, like in real life, you avoid putting yourself in danger. The guns look like the real thing (often more expensive!) and all use a pneumatic system to propel the pellet and will uses either an electric motor & piston to provide the propulsion or compressed gas.

Without the load bang airsoft wouldn't work for public battles and in any case would be hazardous for viewers (participants wear mandatory eye protection). However, many groups use airsoft guns on displays and no one is any the wiser, for the most part.

Take a look here for more stuff: http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/index.html
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Wittgrim79 wrote:What is airsoft seen this and not sure what this is and I do apologize for the stupid question
Hi mate :D
Don't worry if you think this was a "stupid" question,everybody has to start somewhere!

Airsoft weapons are fullsize copies/reproductions which fire plastic pellets, there are some groups which use these in
reenactment battles instead of the blank fire weapons.

Regards Peiper :wink:

PS: Looks like i have been beaten to the post, lol (see above)
Wittgrim79

Post by Wittgrim79 »

Thanks for replies guys I quite like the sounds of that my eyes are now opening cheers
klopfen nicht klechern

Return to “WWII Airsoft”