->Sdkfz251, marder, dodges..
->size of the map 50 "hectares" =)
->Theme: Falaise Pocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uDA5fml6A
Hoffman Grink

Re: OP COBRA II [video]

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Well done!
And over here they say it's not the way to go....... Using airsoft weapons to carry out re-enactments IS happening now!

Thank you for showing this.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hi there,

maybe some will think about to kill me for my opinion :lol:

But I really think that Airsoft is an interesting, but different part in WW2 re-enactment.
As long as the uniforms got the same professional standard we all are expecting about a serious impression, I got no problem with it.
Why not? Isn´t it more realistic to feel than you are hit by a bullet than playing death because you´ve been told by a script?
O.K, the goggles are just destroying the whole look and the sound of the guns is really bad and ridiculous.
For public events where the audience paid for explosions and want to hear some real noises coming out of your gun, airsoft is the wrong thing, but for privat battles with a tactical aspect it is a great thing.

Seems that the Frenchmen had a lot of fun.

Best regards,

Caen44.
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

You're absolutely right, Caen - airsoft is nothing to do with putting on a public show - it's all about enjoying yourself. Events organised by CiA and other groups on that forum are very immersive, and we strive to continue to improve. Many events do have set pyro charges, working mortars and even Schu-mines! 8)

Many kind people are also prepared to loan airsoft weapons to those who wish to try it. :wink:
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hi there,

what about this?

The german army uses a system called "Agdus" to train their special forces. This system uses laser.

The German army uses the Agdus simulation technology. At the beginning of a practise cycle every soldier and every vehicle is equipped with a so-called participant unity. It exists of transmitters and reflectors for laser which simulate the effect of the used weapons. The reflectors are in the helmet, in the upper part of the body and in the arms. Vehicles of the cross-country vehicle Wolf up to the fight tank leopard are equipped around with sensors.

Maybe this technology will be one day as cheap as a PC game. You shoot at your enemy with your laser MP40 or MP 42 and his suit will tell him that he is wounded or death.

So don´t think about Starwars. You canot see the laser shot at the moment.

Caen44.
Sean

Post by Sean »

The British army use a simalair piece of kit, but If you want to buy everyone a set be my guest :lol:

the problem you then have, is the battlefield will be dead because as we all know a hey bail or oil drum is bullet proof. If they were incorperated into public battles, the public would have gone home before anyone dared to venture out :lol:
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

:lol: It is just a nice imagination, nothing more. :wink: :lol:
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

you cannot replace the smell of cordite ! o and heres me playing airsoft and i love it, but will choose blanks anyday. !! ! so i am not being a difficult biased reenactor git :P

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Preference Noted Tom.

Again the UK needs to catch up - Well done Mon Amis Francais!
Storm56

Post by Storm56 »

Return to “WWII Airsoft”