WWII Airsoft Weekends

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Heinz wrote:geekboy! I'm insulted! Now, if it had been nerdboy, well, thats a different matter :D :lol:
ROFL!
I got lost when joules got mention - I enjoyed his book 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea but that was about it!
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:IF we can't do stitch nazi on uniforms
What? On here we can! We can count the twists in the linen thread on this forum if we want.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Stigroadie wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote:IF we can't do stitch nazi on uniforms
What? On here we can! We can count the twists in the linen thread on this forum if we want.
Yeah - but overe "There" we can't...... So in turn over "There" they can do Nerdy mechy stuff - but here it's fluffy and light Kinda like the equivalent of a Sven Hassel book!!! :lol:

All except Bryn of course who will continue to clog us up with mechboxes and buckram and rubbers and daft messy about things.... Instead of going over there and getting professional help!!!!

(Me? I just took the thing out the box. stuck a battery in it and pulled the trigger - It worked. good weekend - toy back in box!) :roll:

hee hee hee hee When's the next one?
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Me? I just took the thing out the box. stuck a battery in it and pulled the trigger - It worked. good weekend - toy back in box! :roll:
Yeah, but when yours fecks up, which it will at some point, you'll be running to unca Bryn to fix it, won't you? :twisted:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

BaggyPants wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote:Me? I just took the thing out the box. stuck a battery in it and pulled the trigger - It worked. good weekend - toy back in box! :roll:
Yeah, but when yours fecks up, which it will at some point, you'll be running to unca Bryn to fix it, won't you? :twisted:
No - I shall buy a new one!!!! :lol:
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

And who are you going to ask to put new gears in your TOP MP40 when you shred them ? 8)
kgzohl

Re: WWII Airsoft Weekends

Post by kgzohl »

OK

Been reenacting for about ten years now, thinking about doing a bit of airsoft aswell. any sugestions?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/

You could do worse than start here.
kgzohl

Post by kgzohl »

Cheers mate
Have had a look and registered on the forum, looks like there is a lot going on with this.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

There is. The lines between re-enacting and airsoft are becoming blurred. Some dont like the idea but its happening.
I like the idea. replica weapons that remove the 'i got you' rubbish from battles, at least at sub machine gun ranges.
OOOH! Replicas? Not real guns popping blanks? So all those MGC MP40's and dragon guns and other stens are not replicas?
ringer

Post by ringer »

so when are you northern monkeys doing one of these things next then ?
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Depends on what you call "northern", really... :wink:

Comrades In Arms and related games are often in the midlands, as a central point for most people - I am used to having to travel 3-4 hours to most games. (I thought I was a bit nuts, but then I realised that footie fans do it every week!) However, they've also done a couple in Wales, and a couple on the south coast. The most northerly one to date will be on July 5th, somewhere in Yorkshire - don't ask me where; anything more than a mile in from the coast is up north to me. :lol:

It will be set in France 1940 - http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2 ... .php?f=107
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
ringer

Post by ringer »

Anything above the M25 is "northern " for me :D

I`ve been looking at the ex site one in wales end of May ( got to clear it with the Mrs as its our wedding anniversary ) .... so I feel some smooth talking coming up :wink:

Not entirely sure of the rules in this ..paintball you know you`ve had it by the large pink blob on you ...how can you tell you`re "dead" if the bbs ping off your kit :?:
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Yes, you generally feel it. Other than that, if someone else sees you hit, then they'll tell you. It's all based on honesty, and most of the WWII players are a very good and honest bunch. I'm going to the ex-site one myself, probably as Fallschirmjäger. 8) It is a good large site with lots of varied terrain.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

A 24-32 hour Airsoft/Living History event is getting closer. Working closely together, with CiA who have pioneered and dare I say perfected WWII airsoft - and the WWII airsoft community who are rapidly adopting many re-enactment traits (mainly positive I might add!) then a Friday - Sunday event is taking shape.

RIFLES will be very useful items to obtain - SMGs (MP40 etc) will be mainly the province of NCOs and assault squads and if th4 MG42 appears in time will be assigned to Zugs as per regs....... Of course details may and probably will change - Look to end of Sept, early October 2009 - but get ready, this is gonna be living in the field as per private battles but with aded eye protection and weapons that fire a projectile..... and realistic ammunition levels.............

Consider this a preliminary warning order.

Details to follow on a seperate thread.

Return to “WWII Airsoft”