airsoft k98

Udo_Schaaf

Re: airsoft k98

Post by Udo_Schaaf »

Here's my take on 98ks in airsoft, which is something I have a fair amount of experience with.

The Tanaka 98k is a nice weapon. It's high quality and performs reliably in warmer weather. It's main downside is that it can be completely unreliable in cold weather. Being an airsofter in the Midwest (USA) we play the occasional game in sub-zero weather and the Tanaka (like all gas guns) turns into an useless prop.

The Dboys rifles just released from China completely missed the mark. They are not high quality in any way. Underpowered, poorly finished and cartridge firing...what's not to love? :) In short, I don't recommend the Dboys rifles to anybody.

The best, but most expensive, option for a 98k is to build a custom springer out of original mauser parts. One of the guys in my unit has made many custom springers. He's quite good at it. If you're in the market for a wood and steel springer k98, IM me and I can give you his contact information. His rifles generally sell for around $1000. Not cheap, but they're the best.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I'm after a scan ofmanual for Tanaka k98k airsoft gun (or derivative - like Gew.33/40). I got mine direstly from the Far East and my manual is in Japaneese.... :shock:
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

jmatchlock

Post by jmatchlock »

Mario - hope not out of line - have you asked -Tanaka in the Japanese Discussion to convert it to English ? regards , Jay
You Do Not Know Unless -You try -Image
JD7

Post by JD7 »

Mario, I don't think there is an English version of the manual.

I also have the Japanese version that came with my rifle, but have had no issues.

Is there something in particular you wish to know or just after a full translated version?
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

jmatchlock wrote:Mario - hope not out of line - have you asked -Tanaka in the Japanese Discussion to convert it to English ? regards , Jay

Best i could managed mate would be English into Cornish, Japanese to English i have no chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I managed to get to terms with it - thanks :)

The only small detail I would like to know is... Theres a small gas vent added in a plastic wrap. A loose single paper shows a sketch - something about the small thing being screwed into the bolt but I cant understand what for. The gun works nevertheless. What is that ??

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

JD7

Post by JD7 »

The gas tap is for reducing the power, in Japan there have been major changes into the legal power limits on airsoft weapons.

The version of Tanaka 98K I have has three gas taps of various flow sizes - I've never used them, they are in my ammo tin along with some tools.
mario33

Post by mario33 »

... many thanks JD...

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Return to “WWII Airsoft”