petition of airsoft manufacturrers-MP44 here soon!!! hurrah!

Heinz

Re: petition of airsoft manufacturrers

Post by Heinz »

PD's right. "much of a muchness" covers it nicely.

I've been shooting these things for a very long time. i.e. since the days when Airsoft SMG's and Assault rifles were all gas powered. When it comes to AEG's, its quite surprising how little has changed in the last 15 years or so. You open a TM from back then, then its nearly 100% the same as the guts in a TM now. Yes, there has been the odd bit of evolution, and some companies like ICS and Systema have gone off and done their own interpretation of whats makes the ideal AEG (mind you, im f**ked if i'm paying a grand for a Systema PTW!) but the basic concept is exactly the same. Piston, motor, cylinder, gears.

Simple fact is that what we have works (not counting early version CA's ). And if it don't, then it can be upgraded pretty damn easily!

As an example of this, i've got a shooter here i built 7 or 8 years ago, and its still kicking the crap out of the opposition - and all it's cost me since I built it has been a couple of O rings, a new Hop-up rubber and a new piston, plus some grease.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

grenadier181 wrote:I have a H&K G36C has 2 lasers red and green ACOG and drum mag

It does look good does it not?

It does, but trigger discipline is needed. ;)
"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

Post by 146 »

Hi Guys

been a while since I have reviewed this thread thanks for your replies and must say wolfie and grenadier 181 like the weapons I have surfed as many web sites as I can and have joined the ww2 airsoft forum/site and am amazed at what is on offer and have found a couple of airsoft sites close to Portsmouth that run various themed days from ww2 to vietnam and modern type 'total war' also very interested in the clone sytems and their good reviews so far and the cheap cost- I know its not WW2 but to get a taste of airsoft and see something different I am considering buying an D-Boys M4 CQB SD (Full Metal) and get along to a skirmish any advice is welcome or links to any other reccomended airsoft forums?

thanks again!
'when you take off one uniform there is always another underneath'
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Er, Airsoft forums: Arniesairsoft.co.uk is a good one. There is another one, but it's run along the same lines as the "blue and yellow" reenacting forum - if you get my drift. I believe that Baggypants is on either one, or both of them.

With regards to sites on the south coast, try Combat South and UCAP. Both offer excellent days. There are a couple of other sites on the coast i've played, but didn't really impress me.

D-Boys stuff is OK, but may be a little too warm on the velocity front for some sites. If you're set on an M4 derivative, have a look at Classic Army's "Sportline" series. Of course, you could be a real man and just get an AK :wink:
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Yep, I'm on both :) I run a full metal Dboys M4A1 and it was a bit hot at first, hitting 378fps, but it's settled down to about 348fps now, which our favourite site are OK with. Damned reliable piece of kit, with a bloody good range on it :D
von bock

Post by von bock »

BaggyPants wrote:Yep, I'm on both :) I run a full metal Dboys M4A1 and it was a bit hot at first, hitting 378fps, but it's settled down to about 348fps now, which our favourite site are OK with. Damned reliable piece of kit, with a bloody good range on it :D
would you not prefer a CA M4 ?or the new KWA its supposed to be the best made M4 on the market
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Udo_Schaaf

Post by Udo_Schaaf »

One of my mates in the airsoft 198th Rifle Division (Soviet, based in Wisconsin USA) is making custom PPSH-41s. Mine is on order and I'm expecting it shortly. It's a very nice gun.

http://www.airsoftbattlezone.com/sgscustomairsoft.html

There's a full thread detailing its prototyping here:

http://ww2aa.proboards45.com/index.cgi? ... hread=2548

When I do get it, it will really be the icing on my Ostfront Unteroffizier's impression :)
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

von bock wrote:
BaggyPants wrote:Yep, I'm on both :) I run a full metal Dboys M4A1 and it was a bit hot at first, hitting 378fps, but it's settled down to about 348fps now, which our favourite site are OK with. Damned reliable piece of kit, with a bloody good range on it :D
would you not prefer a CA M4 ?or the new KWA its supposed to be the best made M4 on the market
Just seen this. Why on earth would I want to spend more money on something that does the same job? :D I'd prefer a Systema, but the Dboys at £125 is a damned sight cheaper and works. The CA ones are about twice the price of the Dboys, and chrono at about 50fps less. I used PDs CA M4 at the last skirmish, because my anti reversal latch spring slipped out of position (10 minute fix at home), and to be honest, I preferred my Dboys for accuracy and power. Not saying the CA is rubbish, because it isn't, it's a good bit of kit, but my Dboys outperformed it. If I'd been able to buy the one PD bought, at the price he bought it used, I'd have had it in an instant.
von bock

Post by von bock »

BaggyPants wrote:
von bock wrote:
Just seen this. Why on earth would I want to spend more money on something that does the same job? :D I'd prefer a Systema, but the Dboys at £125 is a damned sight cheaper and works. The CA ones are about twice the price of the Dboys, and chrono at about 50fps less. I used PDs CA M4 at the last skirmish, because my anti reversal latch spring slipped out of position (10 minute fix at home), and to be honest, I preferred my Dboys for accuracy and power. Not saying the CA is rubbish, because it isn't, it's a good bit of kit, but my Dboys outperformed it. If I'd been able to buy the one PD bought, at the price he bought it used, I'd have had it in an instant.
i think the KWA would out preform all of the above i might go out on limb and say it would out do Tokyo Muri :shock: the CA has a tendency to chew up its gear box so maybe some of the clone manufacturrers have learned from TM and CA mistakes, i cant comment on the Dboys because i have'nt see one in action but from what your saying there seem to be the cats pyjamas
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Is there anybody in the UK selling the KWA?
von bock

Post by von bock »

BaggyPants wrote:Is there anybody in the UK selling the KWA?
i think wolf armories sell them now i know the m4 is out of stock but the g36 you can get as far as i know

Re: petition of airsoft manufacturrers-MP44 here soon!!! hurrah!

Post by 146 »

nearly here at last- mine is ordered!
'when you take off one uniform there is always another underneath'

Return to “WWII Airsoft”