Oradour trial

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
Halle

Oradour trial

Post by Halle »

Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
kiler

Re: Oradour trial

Post by kiler »

Unfortunately, very little chance of success, the same as it was in this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Reinefarth (though there we have 50,000 victims during http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_massacre vs. 642 in Oradour-sur-Glane). Just read about this guy`s post war career.

Moreover, I read in this article about "Nazi-occupied France", "worst Nazi massacre of civilians", "most senior Nazi war criminal", "Nazi crimes"? Why German court wants something from this 89-year-old Waffen-SS member? What do Germans and Nazis have in common? I really don`t get it.

Anyway, thanks for interesting info.
redsun

Post by redsun »

Every nation thinks the war crimes that happened to it are the worst
kiler

Post by kiler »

@Redsun:

It was not my intention to evaluate victims of any country, cause every time it was huge tragedy, no matter if there was one casualty or 50,000. I just wanted to show that even if you had blood of 50,000 people on your hands you could still be unpunished and even become a mayor and respected lawyer.
Halle

Post by Halle »

What has interested me most about Oradour , is WHY it happened - having read a few books on the subject , it's still a fascinating subject , and I'm none the wiser .

It was also interesting in that the trial comes at a time when the French state railway company , SNCF , has finally apologised for its part in the transportation of Jews and others to the death camps , as it seeks to pick up lucrative contracts in the USA :wink:

There were many people in Europe , not just Germans , who were complicit in war crimes .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
koobleguy

Post by koobleguy »

regards, koobleguy

always looking for parts, pictures etc for VW Kübelwagen type 82 Schwimmwagen type 166 BMW R75

Return to “Anything WWII!”