Making Sniper veils ?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Eberhard

Making Sniper veils ?

Post by Eberhard »

Hi all

Just need to get a general opinion and to see if anyone is interested. After being let down on a sale of a sniper veil recently (cheers to the chap in question) I have decided to have a limited number made with the correct elasticated band.

I am going to use my sniper veil as the template. But before I get the ball rolling, need to get a general opinion as to see if it is worth my whole.

Once again your comments will be much appreciated.

Regards

Eberhard
Last edited by Eberhard on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GraemeMac

Re: Making Sniper veils ?

Post by GraemeMac »

Id have one...
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi Graeme

I'll let you know.

Regards

Eberhard
koobleguy

Post by koobleguy »

I'd surely have one! also most likely a Kamerad of mine will :)
regards, koobleguy

always looking for parts, pictures etc for VW Kübelwagen type 82 Schwimmwagen type 166 BMW R75
brayney

Post by brayney »

Hi mate, I will defiantly Be interested in one! :D

Thanks,

Dan
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback.

I have two people who might be interested in making the veils who I have made contact with.

I will pm you when I have some firm news.

Regards

Eberhard
koobleguy

Post by koobleguy »

sounds great - thanks Kamerad!

p.s.: a little bit depending on the prize of course :)
I now have a total of 3 people who would take one
regards, koobleguy

always looking for parts, pictures etc for VW Kübelwagen type 82 Schwimmwagen type 166 BMW R75
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

Fingers crossed will go for a batch of ten, so there will be enough for everyone who's expressed an interest.

Just waiting for feedback from the proposed people who might be making them, fingers crossed will be good news.

Regards

Eberhard
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi

Sorry for the delay in giving you an update on the veil making idea I had. Basically my plan went Pete tong as the two people who were going to make them pulled out.

I have found a guy in the US who makes them, I have spoke to him and he is happy for me to pass on his details to the people who expressed a interest in one of these veils. The veils are all hand made and from the pics that he sent me are a match on the original design.

Pm me if you want me to pass his details onto you.

Regards

Eberhard
Axel Dorsch

Post by Axel Dorsch »

Hi guys, attached you will see an example of what I am reproducing. These are copied exactly to an original that a collector was kind enough to loan me. I plan to be reproducing both type one and type two camouflage face fails. The main difference between the two models is the elastic camouflage band versus the nonelastic non-camouflage band featured on later Wartik to model. Cost will be $175 US for type ones and $135 US for type twos. The only caveat is that these can take up to three weeks. So I ask your patience. Please email me or private message me if interested. Thanks!
Kindest regards!
-Chris
Cdillon1939@gmail.com

Also I have plenty more pictures but I guess iphone photos are too large to attach here.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (111.26 KiB) Viewed 11745 times
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Axel Dorsch wrote:Hi guys, attached you will see an example of what I am reproducing. These are copied exactly to an original that a collector was kind enough to loan me. I plan to be reproducing both type one and type two camouflage face fails. The main difference between the two models is the elastic camouflage band versus the nonelastic non-camouflage band featured on later Wartik to model. Cost will be $175 US for type ones and $135 US for type twos. The only caveat is that these can take up to three weeks. So I ask your patience. Please email me or private message me if interested. Thanks!
Kindest regards!
-Chris
Cdillon1939@gmail.com

Also I have plenty more pictures but I guess iphone photos are too large to attach here.
Chris,
Type 2 veil arrived today many thanks mate nice piece of work Very helpful bloke to deal with fast post out too Chris I'll get some pictures up after Chalk Valley, could do with alike button

Andy
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Return to “General”