SMWholesale - Contacting them

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

MasGew

SMWholesale - Contacting them

Post by MasGew »

Does anybody know why SMWholesale's website seems to be down? Have tried to email him and get no replies, tried via the website but it seems to be down (probably forgot to pay the fee again?) and now looking for a US telephone number for him. Trying to chase him for a smock ordered early June 2014 that still has yet to arrive.

He does some great uniforms but the service is very indifferent and certainly not customer orientated.
dixiedrummer

Re: SMWholesale - Contacting them

Post by dixiedrummer »

Good luck. Even his ebay account was shut down due to undelivered goods.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

It sounds like their normal service to me!!!
I just looked up their website and it seems to work fine. I've copied their contact details:

Address:
SM Wholesale USA
2932 54th St.
Vernon CA 90058

Telephone:
323-804-7635
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

This is the website I use:- http://www.smwholesaleusa.com/

Was about to order a smock but this kind of feedback puts me off, he does himself no favours.... :roll:
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Thanks Tommy for the contact details. I've emailed him and will look next week to contact my credit card company to see if I can get my money back. I should have learned my lesson 18 months ago when it took me 8 months of lies and excuses before I managed to get my money back but only after leaving questions on his Ebay store website where he was advertising the same goods.

Even USA based groups were advising their members to use Ebay for his goods and not via his own website. My advice would be to try and buy his goods from the likes of SOF. That is the safest bet. For his own credibility perhaps he ought to go wholesale only and at least we could buy his gear from retailers that have a better idea of how to meet the customers needs.

If I hear back from Steve at SMW and and certainly if it is a positive response then I will add this in a positive post to the topic on here.
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

PaulW wrote:This is the website I use:- http://www.smwholesaleusa.com/

Was about to order a smock but this kind of feedback puts me off, he does himself no favours.... :roll:
Use SoF for SMW products if you're in UK, they have a separate section on their website. If you look at the SMW website prices, plus shipping, import duty and Royal Mail's ludicrous 'handling fee' - even if you could rely on the service you'd be out of pocket buying from the US.
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

Have SoF started selling the new Dot 44 sets yet?
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Problem for me buying from SOF is they don't do the tarnjacke (smocks) in the larger size.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Problem for me buying from SOF is they don't do the tarnjacke (smocks) in the larger size.
:lol:

Im getting that way as well mate :shock: :wink:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

MasGew wrote:Problem for me buying from SOF is they don't do the tarnjacke (smocks) in the larger size.
Contact them and ask. I just bought a lovely SMW Palm smock from SoF and they had a larger size in stock. Worth giving them a call anyway.
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Cheers Grenmartens, will keep that in mind.

And Dave, I've always been a big b******d you cheeky fellow you ;)
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Just thought I'd give those interested an update on this.

After a number of unanswered emails to Steve Mccolgan I have twice rang him in the USA and on both occasions he has promised to post me the smock the following day and to provide a tracking number. In subsequent confirmatory emails I've asked him to confirm the posting and the tracking number in an email to me and have had no response from him. Finally, I have bit the bullet and contacted my credit card company and they are taking it up on my behalf.

I don't know why Steve treats his customers this way as it is bound to have an impact on his credit rating particularly as this does not seem to be an isolated incident judging by comments from different group forums in the USA.

As a warning to others I'd suggest that you make arrangements to purchase SMWholesale products via SOF.
last drop of blood

Post by last drop of blood »

sorry !i never visit this web,so dont know that,i usually purchase some uniform on this web, high quality!and nice service!i have copy here the link
http://ww2sale.com/
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Another update. Credit card has refunded the money. A warning to us all that ordering direct from SMW can be problematical. Look to order their goods via other dealers such as SOF is my recommendation.

Return to “General”