Trip to Berlin

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

adolfkoch

Trip to Berlin

Post by adolfkoch »

Five of us went to Berlin last week from Monday to Friday, we went mostly for a trip on the JU52.
We ended up finding a lot more than I bargained for - it was amazing.
I will put photos up if I can but I did not take the good ones. The other lads have more photos, I will put them up when I get them.
I will try to put some up now.

Cheers Stan
Attachments
Front of ww2 train - beautiful
Front of ww2 train - beautiful
20150623_123230.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
Johann Bauer

Re: Trip to Berlin

Post by Johann Bauer »

Any tips of good place to go in Berlin?
adolfkoch

Re: Trip to Berlin

Post by adolfkoch »

Hi Johann,
i dont now if you have been to Berlin before but one tip - when you land get an S+U bahn ticket which is a Berlin city tour card for zones ABC at the airport. There are ticket machines at the airport, there arehuge queues in the train station for ticket machines. We were there for five days and traveled all over so we got a five day card it was 36.90 euros. i thought it was a bit expensive but it was well worth it you can use the ticket on the trains and on the tour buses in town, we got told you can use them on the trams as well . I forgot to say when you buy your ticket you go to another machine and get it date stamped - the machine is by where you get your ticket. Once you have done this you don't have to show your ticket again unless an inspector asks for it. (don't be tempted to dodge - we witnessed a man held by staff and taken away by police for dodging the fare!!!! The trains are very fast you can get all over the city in minutes ( bit of an exaggeration but it is fast ).

We had a rainy day so i had read about a museum that had a JU-52 (deutsches technikmuseum trebbiner strasse 9 ). Thinking it would pass a couple of hours - you could spend a couple of days in there - 8 euros entrance fee. It is huge and well worth visiting we did not think there would be much ww2 stuff but there was loads to see at the museum.

When i receive photos from others in the group I will post them with descriptions - you may be interested in them.

Cheers Stan

Return to “General”