W&P

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Sturmschar

W&P

Post by Sturmschar »

For the first time since the move to Folkestone Race course I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at W&P this year - the best for ten years despite the difficulties of "Operation Stack" and Sundays rain. I was also pleasantly surprised by the desire of the new owners of the show to talk to re-enactors about the future, their ideas and our aspirations etc. In contrast I was stunned by the number of groups who disappeared on Saturday evening and Sunday morning leaving huge empty spaces all over the "living history" site for the edification of the public, who rightly queued up to demand refunds.

Having observed the welter of posts on this site over the years relating to the "public experience" and the chest beating and wailing about it, I think that the fair weather folk who fled Folkestone in their droves last weekend should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and their selfishness. I would also like to commend the groups who staged the battle on Sunday in appalling conditions as embodying what I would regard as the spirit of re-enactment.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
ssparatrooper

Re: W&P

Post by ssparatrooper »

proving once again die Waffen SS are always fighting bis zum ende!

i can only echo what my good friend states in his post but i always enjoy it as i put effort in so it comes back! the amount of "reenactors" that jacked because it rained was a joke fellas it rained in ww2 you know :lol:

We in the SBG had a great time and a fantastic kamaradschaftabend there must have been two or three hundred empty beer cans by the next morning and it was all gone before the public came in, real vehicles or rubber ones used like real ones with motivated blokes that work together leibstandarte vor!

so much for the veterans or the educating the public or all the other drivel that you read so much about on forums

not leaving your mates now that's worth fighting for=Kamaradschaft and we have it

and there were more milfs there on sunday wearing small shorts and wellington boots than i have seen in a while! :twisted:
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

ssparatrooper wrote:proving once again die Waffen SS are always fighting bis zum ende!

and there were more milfs there on sunday wearing small shorts and wellington boots than i have seen in a while! :twisted:
:D :D :D 'Like Button'

The oldest member of our group (Volkssturm-V3) arrived and camped on the Living History field from the Friday 17th and he broke camp and left on Monday 27th - Mickey Skates (aka Onkel Albert) is 76 years old and hats off to him!!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

we were at another show in the midlands where common sense prevailed by having the organisers advise us that heavy rain was due at 1100 hours and to start packing away any kit that didn't 'need a wash'. lo and behold at 1100 hours it started to rain, within minutes we were instructed to pack up and go. Nice to have common sense at these events and not go home soaking wet in kit plus the next few days cleaning equipment/kit/tents etc
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Do you reenact French?
askhati

Post by askhati »

*gets popcorn and soda*
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
seadog

Post by seadog »

ssparatrooper wrote:Do you reenact French?
Ha ha ha, it's spitting, RUNAWAY!!!

Return to “General”