Another event crashed by us :P

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Oberleutnant Ulrich

Another event crashed by us :P

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itler.html

Well I won't really say it's us....as things would maybe be different if one of our groups attended. Can anyone spot a 100% accurate uniform???
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
askhati

Re: Another event crashed by us :P

Post by askhati »

A word that rhymes with 'patriotic' comes to mind... both for the author of the article, and some of the critters on display.
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
Feld Kuche

Post by Feld Kuche »

Another beat up brought to you proudly by here we bloody go again.

I thought we'd all moved on from Bundes tunics....
Halle

Post by Halle »

This happens every year , same festival , same people , same controversy ,same shameful uniforms...

I hope in future the kid with two EKII , a Nahkampfspange and modern quick lace boots goes bright red every time he thinks of those pictures....
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
saddler

Post by saddler »

Halle wrote:This happens every year , same festival , same people , same controversy...
Given that the article mentions the 70th anniversary & and was dated 2015 (12 months ago) then that's not a surprise.

Was there near-identical meeja coverage this year too?

Oh - I thought their use of the expert quoted (the ex-RAF bloke, Justin Scott) was classic when he complained about the "German" presence given the numbers of Allied planes shout out of the skies over the Normandy beach-head!
I am staggered that on the 70th anniversary of VE Day the organisers booked people to come dressed as Luftwaffe pilots – the very people who were shooting down our lads over Normandy on D-Day and getting medals for it.
So - ZERO planes lost to Luftwaffe action them as the Allies had air superiority during Overlord on June 6th. Whatabellend!
kiler

Post by kiler »

saddler wrote:
Oh - I thought their use of the expert quoted (the ex-RAF bloke, Justin Scott) was classic when he complained about the "German" presence given the numbers of Allied planes shout out of the skies over the Normandy beach-head!
I am staggered that on the 70th anniversary of VE Day the organisers booked people to come dressed as Luftwaffe pilots – the very people who were shooting down our lads over Normandy on D-Day and getting medals for it.
So - ZERO planes lost to Luftwaffe action them as the Allies had air superiority during Overlord on June 6th. Whatabellend!
Maybe he just meant ground LW AA units?

On the other hand: I don`t understand what German units` reenactors were during there, on 70th anniversary of Europe's liberation from Hitler. As I understand this was not a battle event, so what was the purpose of their attendance there? I really don`t get it.

Return to “General”