Ted

Re: This is not good news.

Post by Ted »

Nah, you mean dialects. :lol: and no Alex not Daleks. :roll:

He must be lovin Dr Who at the moment then :D
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Just as a matter of interest , did anyone bother to sign ?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Tychsen wrote:Just as a matter of interest , did anyone bother to sign ?
Yes thanks.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Carentan has stuck up the petition post in the FJ section! Everything is up in the air at the mo. :cry: :cry: :cry:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

TacAide

Post by TacAide »

Correct me if I am wrong on any of the following points:

1. The museum at DMC has been displaying WW2 artefacts for about 6 years now.

2. The items siezed have been on display in the museum diaorama cabinets for about the
same length of time.

3. At no time in those six years have the French police or customs authorities shown the
slightest interest in the museum or its artefacts.

4. At no time has the proprietor/owners of the museum had any indication from the
authorities that some/any of the items on display may be illegal/unsafe/whatever.

5. The sudden intervention/raid and siezure of the artefacts folows closely on a very
successful re-enactment event involving the "Old Enemy" (no, not the Brits :D )

6. That this event was allowed to take place generated a measure of political hostility among
elements in French society, both local and national, who made every effort to
prevent the re-enactment.

7. The evident commercial success of the event may have generated enmity on the part of other towns/villages/cities, who cite a recent "fall-off" in D-Day tourism.

8. The permissions granted to wear uniforms and to take weapons to the event was regarded with hostility by individual members of the various authorities.

9. The French customs and police are being used as a blunt instrument to ensure the museum, shop and the event are closed down.

10. The raid marks a definite worsening of the climate for the display of Axis artefacts and re-enactment in France.

I would love to know just who and what organisations are behind, firstly the raid and secondly the Germanophobia! And I will sign the petition when I can understand the form!

Looks like the French are in 'Lock and Load' mode for Axis re-enactment.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Meine Gott TacAide you have also hit the nail on the head .
If anybody has seen the film "Hannibal Rising" , then you will see a young Hannibal ask the French police Detective " where were the French police when the Jews were being rounded up " .After over 60 years are the French feeling guilty ????
Come on Frogs wake up and smell the roses , there is nothing under hand with what has been done at DMC .If all the French Military museums were visited by the Police ,I will guarantee you all would have items not fully " above board" .I have been a regular visitor to France for over 15 years and know most if not all the museums in Normandy and even this year I saw stuff that was "open to discussion " .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi all, I have a PDF file with the new requirements for people who want to go to Normandy at the moment to reenact and with vehicles, but this will become French standard for all reenators.Most of it is common sense but there are quite a few rules coming our way!...
The chap who has written this up has helped the 2nd armored group for two trips so far, he is quite high up in the French Govt but is also very into ww2, so an ally to us....
I cant up load it to this web site so if you want a copy get your unit leaders to email me with their email address and I'll send it. Cheers Pete
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well done Pete , that info could prove very useful for anybody going over to France again this year . Hopefully the French wont decide to change this all over again later on in the year .I would be very grateful if you could PM me the details .Thanks .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Or post the details up here within the therad or if the Mod. might put them up as as a "sticky".
von bock

Post by von bock »

Pete Skillman wrote:Hi all, I have a PDF file with the new requirements for people who want to go to Normandy at the moment to reenact and with vehicles, but this will become French standard for all reenators.Most of it is common sense but there are quite a few rules coming our way!...
The chap who has written this up has helped the 2nd armored group for two trips so far, he is quite high up in the French Govt but is also very into ww2, so an ally to us....
I cant up load it to this web site so if you want a copy get your unit leaders to email me with their email address and I'll send it. Cheers Pete
Get it posted as a sticky so it cant be missed by anyone
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Ill attempt to post it, I have to read up on this copper mine malarky1, I am NOT into computers so its trial and error with me, and a not very understanding wife when it takes me over an hour to do 1 thing :oops:
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Well I attempted, first it said there was someone already using my name, well yes thats right, its ME!... Then it said that someone ws already using that password so I changed that to a new one, then it said that the user name was used by another!! FECKING COMPUTERS!!
then IT SAID THERE WAS A CRITICAL ERROR!!. what a waste of time!...
Ill send to Earl from Das Heer, he vwill stick it up for me!. Cheers. :evil: Pete

Album list :: FAQ :: Register :: Login
Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query