The YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE 4th - 5th & 6th JULY 2014

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
nelz

Re: The YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE 4th - 5th & 6th JULY 20

Post by nelz »

UPDATE !

Well over 300 vehicles now booked in , and more booking in each day.
Now over 56 re-enactment groups booked in , .... well done to one and all
your support is fantastic and very much appreciated.

Some very nice original German vehicles will be at this years show including
a selection of AT pieces in the fire demonstrations and battle re-enactments.

Some impressive static aircraft will be on display this year complete with pilots
and ground crew.

Stall bookings have doubled from last year, with a great selection for military
and collectables enthusiasts.

Thank you to all the groups that contacted me with particular display requirements.
We will endevour to acomodate your requests.

More updates will follow.....
A full warning order will be posted the week before the show dates.
Any questions, then feel free to ring me.

regards,
nelz.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
nelz

Post by nelz »

UPDATE !

Last batch of re-enactors passes going out over the next few days.

Due to increased numbers attending..... more display area has been released
for both Axis and Allied forces.

Plastic camping has been relocated to a larger field.
Public camping field also increased to accomodate demand.

Final show site preparations well on the way.

This year is going to be BIG !
Looking forward to welcoming you to the show.

Those who need to book weapons.... get your skates on !

Warning order will be posted a week before showtime.

regards,
nelz.

nelz

Post by nelz »

UPDATE !

Late group bookings still coming in.....

not a problem.....passes will go out by immediate return.

If you need additional last minute passes...
then ring me....
do not FaceBook or email me..... they are clogged with enough
show enquiry traffic...

New German trenches now dug....and existing have been extended.

Battle & Skirmish scenarios now scripted.
Pyro plan now completed.

......and some rather special period entertainment now in place for the beer
tent on Saturday evening !

regards,
nelz.

nelz

Post by nelz »

UPDATE ! :D

Due to increased numbers of Groups and vehicles attending.....
and to enable us to accommodate same,
considerable alterations have had to be made for this years show.

Please note !!
ARENA TRENCHES
All Allied Re-enactment Groups will now be positioned, at the German Side of the Battlefield. All the German Re-enactment Groups, will now be positioned at the Allied side of the Battlefield. In other words, we've swopped sides.

Allied field... the Axis field .... the vehicle field and the marquee and stalls field have all been re-allocated.

SITE ENTRANCE GATES off Hunsworth Lane
All Allied Groups Now please enter Gate A
All Axis Groups Now please enter Gate C
All Heavy Armour, will still need to park & unload at Gate A

Group display areas have been re-positioned .

Contents to most field areas have been rearranged .

Arena trenches have been altered and extended.

New access gates to Allied and Axis fields have been created.

Plastic camping fields have been re positioned.

On arriving to site - find me - if I don't see you first... so I can instruct where your display
will be set,... along with any of your group vehicles etc.

If you have any questions - ring me or PM me on here or our the YWE Facebook site.

Below is a simple plan showing field locations and contents for this year.

soon be showtime !
I look forward to welcoming you to this years event. :D

nelz

Post by nelz »

Some very iconic tracked vehicles displaying at the YWE show.

See the Cromwell A27 on display with full Tanker crew and support vehicles
see her performing in the large battle re-enactments at this year's Yorkshire Wartime Experience.

dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Just got back from what turned out to be a cracking weekend. Despite concerns regarding the Tour de France in the area the public still turned up in good numbers. Heavy rain most of Friday night also had the staff twitching but the sun and a steady breeze meant the site had more or less dried out before large crowds came through the gate.
Fantastic turn out by re enactors and vehicle owners and was nice to see the folks from down south taking the time and expense to travel up North for a change. Thier contibution in feet on the ground and the kit they brought with them certainly added to the weekend.
The paying public definitely got thier moneys worth with all the displays and the demonstrations in the main arena and as one demonstarion finished another was ready to roll on. The
WWII battle was by those lucky enough to be on the side lines watching it an absolute belter. Lots if vehicles invlolved, good numbers of troops from both sides and great pyrotechnics from the AFRA events team. The Cromwell running on the Saturday was a thing of beauty and its engine noise was incredible. Even when running next to bigger American tanks it was easy to pick out the Cromwells distinctive sound. Gorgeous piece of armour. Bob Flemming did a sterling job with commentary not only during the batles but also the displays. His vast knowledge mixed with just the right amount of humour was first class.
Several vetrans paid a visit and were well looked after, one having a jeep laid on to take him round the displays at his leisure. Considering he turned up fairly early doors he must have enjoyed the whole thing as he was still spotted being driven around late in the day.
Massive thanks to Nelz and Stuart for all thier effort not only over the weekend but in the weeks and months in the run up. Despite being ran ragged a brilliant support staff meant the event ran more or less as planned and retained a relaxed atmosphere. A record take for the event which is only in its third year means it seems to be going from strength to strength. A real bonus for the North of England to have such a premier event.
If you are able to get along next year I strongly recommend it as it really is a great day out for all the family.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

I would echo what chris has just said , I had a fab time was well received and extremely busy the whole three days, the public were really nice, interested in the show and the exhibits and interacted with us all . nelz, Jamie, stuart, Debbie and kate my thanks to you and your staff for making this weekend a great experience, also the afra lads sean and bryn and others did a really fantastic job with the pyrotechnic displays and the public just loved it all . would like to thanks company ones lads and lassies yet again sterling friendship and display as well as with every one elses displays , the group really exceeded expectations and the best off everything was on show, also a big thanks to rif raf, martin matt and other bloke and andre and Christine either side of my display thanks for the chit chat and friendship.

this show is a must to attend , good location , well stewarded and easy going and excellent battles and educational as well, it reminds me very much of how things should be done , fun laughter , enjoyment and interaction with the public and also the ww1 cameronians and haiden with the british bike were simply ffantastic to watch best ww1 display I ever ever saw , one further note I met kampf gruppe Scotland lads and chatted and they come across and professional organised knowledgeable and friendly group that cares about living history , mr hobbs it was great to see you again , steve peter pj dave kevin malccolm emma best wishes to you all
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Jungmann

Post by Jungmann »

Although due to other commitments we weren't able to attend the YWE this year I did pop down for the afternoon on Saturday. The battle and the event definitely improved on last years, plus it wasn't as stupidly hot. Well done to Nelz & Stuart and the team on running another successful event.
Paul Jungmann
Oberleutnant
2Kp Pzr Gren Rgt Groβdeutschland
http://www.panzergd.co.uk
soldat44

Post by soldat44 »

Absolutely a brilliant weekend , enjoyed by both me and the missus. Next year already pencilled in . Well done to all the organisers and to the SBG guys for letting us take photos of the vehicles and for attending this event. First chance I have had to see these vehicles up close outside of a museum.
Best regards
Steve
nelz

Post by nelz »

Well .... now back to normal after a well needed rest ... the event is so demanding !! :?

But did we have a blast ??? ... We sure did !... a fantastic show with great people . :D

Thank you all once again for your unbelievable support , without you guys , it would not be possible
to put on such a large show , with all the ingredients of excellent displays , vehicles and equipment.

The battles where awesome , the pyro's ground shaking and hot ! ... the organised mayhem in the fog
of war looked fantastic. So many explosions and firepower going down...truly remarkable.

Friday...my arse was nipping a bit with all the rain ,... but everything turned out perfect.
Great numbers through the gate, despite the Tour De France being on and closing down many roads,
we still pulled in the crowds.
The show is growing rapidly and now stands as the largest WWI & WWII Military Vehicle and Living History
Event in the North.
Special support from the SBG this year made a great difference to our Axis vehicle numbers , a great and enthusiastic,
as well as very experienced, bunch of guys .
So many people to thank , I could not begin to list them all , as far as to say , without them , the show would not exist.

On the continued success of the event ,... we are already planning bigger and better things for 2015.
Truly a show that carries the ethos of being for the re-enactors and vehicle owners.

We already have a number of group , stall and vehicle bookings for next year....just incredible !

I will be updating the YWE website soon ... so keep visiting to see the updates.
Also our specially commissioned show video will also be uploaded.

Myself and the team have been overwhelmed with good wishes before and after the show , we would like to thank you all
for the many kind words, and hope in your eyes we are getting things right.

A few pics from just a few of the many people that took pictures at this years show,... enjoy !
You will find hundreds more on our YWE facebook site.

Dates for next years show... 3rd - 4th and 5th July 2015.... see you there !! 8)

DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

i can only echo what good things have been said throughout, yes there were many things against the show with the tour de-bradford on and weather looking to rain us or blow us away but the show itself was brilliant with an amazing team.
micky had a steady weekend with her hair salon- being the only hairdresser on site, unfortnately some one erected a trailer tent up half blocking the way thru so we were a little hidden and quiet at times but enjoyed ourselves (so did galland ;-)
next year our set up will change big time with a fully mobile barbers\ladies salon and a few more toys too....
hope to see many of you good people at w&p

thanks to nelz for the invite, it was a pleasure to support such a growing premier event
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Panzerhun

Post by Panzerhun »

I very enjoyed all minutes.
I learned lots new thing, i did meet nice peoples.

See you there next year. :wink:
Jagdpanther the best,but Jagdtiger the king of tanks!
AFRA member

Return to “UK reenactment and events”