Autumn/Winter 2013

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Zschakel

Autumn/Winter 2013

Post by Zschakel »

Ok, so I'm disappointed I missed last weekend... Anything else on this Autumn/Winter?

I hope so :(
Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
Halle

Re: Autumn/Winter 2013

Post by Halle »

What happened last weekend ?
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

Levisham/Pickering.
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

Zschakel wrote:Levisham/Pickering.
Are you in an "official" group Zschakel or do you just turn up at events in officer uniform??
Just wondered as some groups might not like this ??
Cheers Peiper
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

for starters you would not be on pickering as its an allied station,
second, no german uniforms allowed to travel on the train and
third you have to have an invite from Neil
i had a great time there, the weather did try to spoil the event but all the re enactors braved all elements till the end of the show.
graham
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

I always check with the organizers etc before turning up anywhere. Therefore I would have asked Neil. However, I knew well in advance that I wouldn't be able to make it so didn't have to go through the process :)

Unfortunately in the UK there doesn't seem to be many people solely interested in the deeper KB impressions. So when I have enough kit to display and someone else to work with, I'm going to look at starting a group. Until then, I guess I hope to 'float' around, but ONLY with permission from organisers etc, I think it would be very rude to 'just turn up'.

With regards to the officers uniform, the role that I portray/research requires the officers uniform to be accurate. I know that officers uniforms don't work with the rank structures of groups, therefore, again, I wouldn't turn up wearing one without permission. I personally HATE the fact that I have to wear the officer uniform because people just assume I'm trying to sandbag, jump ranks or try to 'look cool'. I have a safe civvy get up but I am also building a EM KB and a DAF impression but taking longer than expected due to my mangey student status lol! I'm also part way through building a period darkroom and printing press.

It's very hard getting my foot in the door with what I'm trying to do. I can only hope I can build a good enough portfolio of work to be accepted.

I really really don't want to rub people up the wrong way. I respect the hobby and the history. I'm just a person intensely interested in a very specific area and want to provide something new. I understand why I look a bit suspect but I promise you I'm putting in a lot of research and effort.

Glad you had a good time Graham, I've heard so much about it already. As I say, totally JELOUS I wasn't there. Thor looked EPIC!!
peiper1944

Post by peiper1944 »

Fair play Zschakel, i was about respond and say perhaps you should contact some
UK groups if you want to attend a UK show hopefully they may let you "tag along"
especially if you portray a photographer and take some pics of them, i don't know
about allowing the Officer uniform though as some groups are particular, maybe get
a O/R's uniform with no rank/decorations to wear for shows in the UK then you
shouldn't have a problem

Good luck, Pipes :wink:
Staff-Sgt, British Airborne Pathfinders Unit (Ex SBG)

ww2airbornegroup.webs.com
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

peiper1944 wrote:Fair play Zschakel, i was about respond and say perhaps you should contact some
UK groups if you want to attend a UK show hopefully they may let you "tag along"
especially if you portray a photographer and take some pics of them, i don't know
about allowing the Officer uniform though as some groups are particular, maybe get
a O/R's uniform with no rank/decorations to wear for shows in the UK then you
shouldn't have a problem

Good luck, Pipes :wink:
That's the plan my friend!! :D

Return to “UK reenactment and events”