Battle group south Normandy trip

European discussion. Post events here too.
rommel

Battle group south Normandy trip

Post by rommel »

Battlegroup south / Kampfgruppe Sud will again this year travel to Normandy the Tuesday morning after the show at Duncannon in Ireland . We will be 15 men strong and 6 vehicles , 4 outfits , Kubel and truck . We are staying in the Omaha beach area and will be meeting a large group of our german assosiated members and having a joint camp . Any groups thinking of going let us know and we can pop in for a social visit between our trips . Also anygroups going are welcome to call in on us any evening for some good kameradeshaftsDienst . We went last year also with the vehicles and it was a fantastic trip , got to many famous spots adn took some outstanding photos , met alot of vets from both sides and received some great hospitality from the people over there . Looking forward to it immensely . We have 5 FJ lads going in FJ gear so we will definitely drop in on Dead mans corner at some stage too .
Let us know if you are going or wish to meet up at our camp some evening . Looking forward to meeting some of the lads from UK . we are there til Monday morning

Rommel
On Behalf
Kampfgruppe Sud
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

hanser

Re: Battle group south Normandy trip

Post by hanser »

I think i might have had contact with other members of your group on another thread? FJR6 will be at dead mans corner 1st to 6th june. if you want more details your best bet is manny FJR2 or my co Darren FJR6 they are sorting all the FJ out. be nice to get a few beers in with you while we`re there.

Dave
rommel

Post by rommel »

great .we are also having some good FJ guys from germany. it will be great to meet up with ye . i think justin was talking to one your men about this i will pm with you on this tomorrow .
joe
ROMMEL

von papen

Post by von papen »

Damn i wish i could go, bloody exams right at this time! Should be able to persuade my parents to let me go to duncannon.

vp
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Not to worry von papen there is always next year for Normandy .Hope you can make it down to Duncannon , there is already a large attendance from N.Ireland booked in for this show .This promises to be the best show to date .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Muller

Post by Muller »

Kameraden, our small Kampfgruppe setting off for Normandy on the 6th June returning 8th sailing from Portsmouth to Cherbourg, 2 Kubels, 2 Krads and possible a KDF Bettle command car.

Hope to meet up with you all when over there, and if you are going on the same day maybe meet up in convoy in the UK?

Best regards

Muller.
rommel

Post by rommel »

we are sailing out or Rosslare . Its only down the road from our event at Duncannon on the june weekend . but yuo can be sure we will meet along the way in France . Best thing is if you see our convoy or visa versa stop along the road and we will exchange details of camp locations etc and out itinerary for the week . We will be in convoy with several bike outfits and a truck and 2 kubels and 1 swimwagen .
Rommel
ROMMEL

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Muller , we will be leaving Ireland on June 3 and arriving in Cherbourg the following day. From here we will head down to our camp site near Vierville .We plan to tour all the major sites as we did last year and meet up with the FJ guys at Dead Man's Corner .If you PM me your tel. number I will give you a ring and we can arrange to meet up . I still have some nice TK photos for you , if you are not in a hurry I can get you some more and give them to you in June .

re-enactment group
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Looking forward to meeting all unser kameraden, especially our regimental kameraden of the 6th FJR!!!
Muller

Post by Muller »

PM sent :wink:
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Muller , thanks for the PM .I will make contact with you soon and we can work out travel plans for June.

re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

Lads
We have now finalised details and plans for the French invasion Part ii , we will be linking up with our friends from germany ourside of Carentan prior to reinforcing the brave FJ lads in occupation there that week . Our German colleagues will have a kubel , Swimmwagen , 4 BMW and Zundapp heavy outfiits and a truck that was used in the Stauffenburg film of late . We will be having a combined camp near Omaha for the week . So members of FJ^ hold tough til we arrive with supplies of beer , whiskey and Guinesss .
Rommel
ROMMEL

SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Gentlemen , only two weeks to go before we hit Normandy .I cant wait , this will be fantastic to meet up with all the guy at Dead Man's Corner .We will be bringing plenty of Guinness , ha ha.

re-enactment group
Muller

Post by Muller »

cant wait to meet you all there! it is going to be one hell of a get together!

ARE you tough enough! :lol:
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

"Are we tough enough" , you just wait and see Kamerad .This is where the Iron Crosses grow , ha ha . We also cant wait to meet up with all you guys , this will be a super chance for all of us .I sent you a parcel also Dave with two pairs of dot trousers , keep the pair you want and send back the other one , hope you are happy with that . See you in two weeks .

re-enactment group

Return to “European reenactment and events”