G41 Replica?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
GR916/15/14

G41 Replica?

Post by GR916/15/14 »

Hello,

I have never seen a real G41 in person, so no way of a replica! A while ago somone made replica guns, could have been in the SBG, not sure?? I am trying to find someone who can make a replica G41, can this be done by anyone here or maybe even a G43, Shoei G43's are way to much for what they are, they are good though! Thinking of the G41 replica, this can be made from cast metal, so no moving parts...

Anyone?

All the best,
Nathan
Panzer Füsilier Regiment Großdeutschland
http://www.germansoldier.co.uk
Gott Mit Uns

Re: G41 Replica?

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Nathan - if someone was to produce a "working" (in compliance with VCR) G41/43 replica - itd probably cost as much as a Shoei....

Replica MP40's are selling for around £800, so you need to judge the market price accordingly for your said replica.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

Looks like you're not the only one who wants one. This guy is planning on building his own:

http://gk43forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10120
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

GR916/15/14 wrote:Hello,

I have never seen a real G41 in person, so no way of a replica! A while ago somone made replica guns, could have been in the SBG, not sure?? I am trying to find someone who can make a replica G41, can this be done by anyone here or maybe even a G43, Shoei G43's are way to much for what they are, they are good though! Thinking of the G41 replica, this can be made from cast metal, so no moving parts...

Anyone?

All the best,
Nathan
Some years ago I started building a replica BF G43. It ended up in the to hard bin. To hard to build without spending huge hours on which could never be recovered by selling it.
I still have all the UK allowed parts though that I collected up off ebay to assist it building like the trigger guard and stock metal parts etc.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Here is my G43 replica , not perfect but getting there . Couldn't of made it without G43s help.

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19516
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Oh I forgot the if the replicas you saw were G43s ? I made them for Thunder From Heaven . If you look through there excellent photo shoots you will see one with FJ and a pict of two G43s and one original. The original one was what I used to produce the replicas by kind permission of the owner.
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Saw some of the Polish Pz. Lehr guys carrying a homemade replica G41 in the ardennes last year.
CDB taking it way too serious!
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Be interesting to see them . Here is my one not perfect but looks good in photos . It will also take the ZF4 scope. Link to this in my previous post .

I treated the metal with gun blackening but this turned grey and the gun looked original but 60 year old so re did it with mat black spray paint with graphite powder rubbed in and looks new now .

Start of a G41 W
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

steve vickers used to have 1, i was the first to fire it in re enactment, wonder where it is now?
pepperpot

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”