Spearhead Militaria - potential problems ?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
mario33

Spearhead Militaria - potential problems ?

Post by mario33 »

I would like to ask about any latest experiences with buying at Spearhead Militaria.

In the past the contact was quite quick and now he is not answering emails for a couple of weeks.

Furthermore, he proposed a significant p&p charge for each item separately. (???) And it is significant as he seems to forget that Poland is in the EU.

Anybody got any experiences as of lately ?
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Parsifal

Re: Spearhead Militaria - potential problems ?

Post by Parsifal »

YES! I just had the same experience with him. In the past Barry has always been very prompt and professional in answering emails and fixing problems with orders.
I had agreed to buy two hats from him, he quoted a combined shipping rate and said he'd sew insignia on for free. After requesting an invoice, he said he would now charge for the insignia and the sewing. When I pointed out our agreement and sent him his own message, I stopped hearing from him.
I'd heard similar comments but ignored them unfortunately, now I'm beginning to wonder if I should even pay him. :?
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Hope he's not about to go the same way as Hong Kong Kieth.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Bergführer

Post by Bergführer »

I guess...how many people would actually kill HKK if they only could? :D

I have no problems with barry as for now, paid for the items last Thursday, he posted them and gave me the tracking number one day later, and I got nice discount, but...we will see when it arrives ; )
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

I have had Very, very bad experience with Barry, waited over 14 months for items he offered compensation which never arrived, did not respond to emails and even tried to double charge me, good job I paid via ppay pal as proof of my origional payment as he would not believe I had paid.

will never deal with him again.

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

Bergführer

Post by Bergführer »

Got my items today, everything was perfect, I got what i ordered, in sizes I wanted.
WaA363

Post by WaA363 »

I've just ordered from him... Bought some mp40 pouched and a shirt...

He's not the fastest person to answer emails... it took a week while i was starting to get worried...

Now i just need to see what i get...
airborne7395

Post by airborne7395 »

I gave up after several attempts. I have never got the item or a response. Lesson learned!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

I did use him in the past with no probs but last time i ordered some items which were an SS tan shirt
and grey shirt they did not arrive and after constantly badgering him gave up after him saying that he
had sent them and was arguing the toss :roll:

TBH he is too far away to do anything so your hands are tied and only can rely on e-bay to sort it out,
also have noticed he is getting more expensive epecially P&P charges, my advice is dont use him and
stick to your normal/usual reputable dealers as you are taking a gamble with this guy now

Regards Peiper
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

got to agree, avod at all cost, have bought several items of fhim recently, items arrived wrong size, going to send replacement items, offerd gifts as way of apologie which never turn up.

more trouble than its worth. stick to local traders may be a bit morein cost but at least you can deal with them and any problems they will sort out quickly.

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

bought from "Speer" in the past,never had problems with him.

Always with small discount,i am a bit surprised about the topic.

The best repro is an original...
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

:lol: You blokes kill me.... you spend years turning your backs on your local dealers to save a few quid by buying largely shite (with a few notable exceptions) from far-east traders and then you start whining when the bubble bursts.

Dealers like Richard Underwood have always been there, attending shows, trying to help with specific items etc. and will continue sourcing and supplying kit long after the last Chinese trader has finally realised that not everyone in the western world wants to dress in German uniforms everyday and that there isn't neverending demand for cheap shite from which to make massive profit. These same Chinese traders will simply move on to the next trend - bondage gear for the fuller figure, Leopard skin kitten heels in size 12 etc. etc.

So, to all of you who chased the cheap deals instead of giving your business to local dealers and therefore forcing those in business in europe to maintain their profit margins by increasing their prices - yes businesses do need to make a profit to remain in business - welcome back!! :roll:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

grenmartens wrote::lol: You blokes kill me.... you spend years turning your backs on your local dealers to save a few quid by buying largely shite (with a few notable exceptions) from far-east traders and then you start whining when the bubble bursts.

Dealers like Richard Underwood have always been there, attending shows, trying to help with specific items etc. and will continue sourcing and supplying kit long after the last Chinese trader has finally realised that not everyone in the western world wants to dress in German uniforms everyday and that there isn't neverending demand for cheap shite from which to make massive profit. These same Chinese traders will simply move on to the next trend - bondage gear for the fuller figure, Leopard skin kitten heels in size 12 etc. etc.

So, to all of you who chased the cheap deals instead of giving your business to local dealers and therefore forcing those in business in europe to maintain their profit margins by increasing their prices - yes businesses do need to make a profit to remain in business - welcome back!! :roll:
If I'd said that I'd have been skinned alive - But I endorse it 100% - Well said that man.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

grenmartens wrote::lol: You blokes kill me.... you spend years turning your backs on your local dealers to save a few quid by buying largely shite (with a few notable exceptions) from far-east traders and then you start whining when the bubble bursts.

Said it all in one, been dealing with Richard Underwood for years find him a man of his word, his stuff is great quality, he is a lovely person to deal with and if he says it's in the post that's were it is, highly recommend him and many thanks for saying gren totally spot on.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

For most of us thats not the case !!!!

Personally speaking i used Lyndons for items i couldn't get here, infact most UK dealers now
are selling ASIAN gear thats where most of the stuff is made nowadays anyway.

I use UK dealers for most of my bog standard stuff but very infrequently when i need something
out of the ordinary unfortunately i have to take my trade elsewhere, for instance when i needed
some SMW camo gear, i went straight to the source because i couldn't get it here even though
some UK dealers supply it occasionally, but we are all guilty of buying from abroard occasionally
whether it be from Asia, USA, Germany or whatever, if the UK suppliers haven't got what we need
sometimes we have to take our trade elsewhere unfortunately :roll:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”