New Kurt Sametreiter photo book

Moderator: Pirkka

SS3

New Kurt Sametreiter photo book

Post by SS3 »

Hello fellow PGF members.

I would like to announce the release of a superb new photo book on the history of SS-Knight's Cross holder, Kurt Sametreiter.

This book has been titled My Brother in Arms and covers the history of Kurt Sametreiter and Heinz Klosowski (Kurt later married his sister).

The book is designed to emulate the war-time photo albums and is contained within a thick padded and embossed cover (see attached images). Inside the book are:

179 pages (high gloss, high quality print)
350 photos (the majority from Kurt's personal archive)
60 period documents
20 maps to help orientate the reader

The initial print run is set at 100 and each one contains the stamped signature (he is unable to write due to Parkinson's Disease) of Kurt Sametreiter.

I will add my signature and an inscription of your choosing once the purchase has been confirmed.

The cost of this book is £75.00 and payment can be made via Paypal (fees to be added), personal cheque, or bank transfer. Postage and packing will be additional and this heavy beast weighs in at 2.4kg when packaged up!

This is a superb personal record of a Waffen-SS soldier who volunteered at the age of 15, served with SS-Oberbayern, SS-Heimwehr Danzig, SS-Totenkopf Division, The Leibstandarte and finally with the SS-Nederland Division. He fought on all fronts and all through the war. He rose to the rank of SS-Obersturmfuhrer and was awarded Germany's highest bravery recognition, the Knight's Cross. The images in this book help the reader see the war from Kurt Sametreiter and Heinz Klosowski's perspective.

Please PM me if you would like to reserve your copy.

Thanks
Peter
Attachments
Slideshow 1.JPG
Slideshow 1.JPG (62.79 KiB) Viewed 13735 times
slideshow 3.JPG
slideshow 3.JPG (73.45 KiB) Viewed 13735 times
Website front page.JPG
Website front page.JPG (90.79 KiB) Viewed 13735 times
schwarz engel

Re: New Kurt Sametreiter photo book

Post by schwarz engel »

email sent ,

siegel
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

:D getting mine on Saturday.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Just an update to give members the website address for more details of this book.

http://www.lahpublishing.com/

Please have a look. As of today, 68 out of the 100 copies are sold or in the process of being sold.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Planning on being at the Denmead show on the Saturday (25th), save yourself a heap of postage and collect in person - email in advance to reserve your copy though!

Thanks
Peter
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

I had the privilage of handling some of the original documents in this book and have been looking forward to getting my copy and I was not disappointed with the final result.It is an excellent record of these two mens service with the bonus of early war photographs of the Polish campaign,every day life of soldiers ect;.If you are interested in the Waffen SS this is a great addition to any library.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
SS3

Post by SS3 »

An update on where we are with remaining copies - 82 out of the initial 100 printed have gone, or are in the process of being sorted.
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Have taken an additional perspective on this book project and created a Facebook and Twitter page.

The concept is to post regular updates that give an insight into the sort of things that Kurt Sametreiter would have experienced at different points in his military career - posted as a timeline, much in the same vein as the book.

Search for Kurt Sametreiter on FB, but not the one attached to the Wikipedia page. You will see the timeline updates on the correct one.

Search for LAH Publishing on Twitter for the same timeline feed.
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Just to keep you updated, down to the last 5 copies of this first print run.

If you are considering this book, please get in touch asap.

Thanks
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Second batch of 50 signed and numbered books done (13 gone already).

I'll be at the Military Odyssey show this weekend, find me at the SBG stand and acquire your very own copy, plus save yourself a small fortune in postage!

Thanks
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

With Christmas fast approaching, you may be writing your chrimbo list for Santa? If yes, you may want to place a copy of this on there.

Give yourself plenty of time for postage prior to the Christmas rush and also the usual Xmas post thievery!

The first 120 out of 150 signed copies are gone.

Ping me a note if you would like to be opening your copy on Chrimbo day.

Regards
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

15 signed (by Kurt Sametreiter) copies left - still time to get yours for Xmas.

Thanks
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Last 4 signed copies left - PM me if you would like to add this rarity to your collection.

Thanks
Peter
SS3

Post by SS3 »

Just to confirm that these are now all gone.

Will plan to print more, if the interest is there - just PM me and I will add you to the list. Future numbering will be done on the basis of date 'ordered'.

Am planning to do a second follow up edition, which will contain around 350 new images that were found after his wife died. Stunning images from France, Kharkov, Gent 1944, etc. Expect this in 2015, as writing Volume 4 of the ongoing RK project at the moment.

Thanks for the interest from those of you on here and glad that there are lots of happy customers out there - more to follow!

Regards
Peter

Return to “Books, films & other media”