Fury Film Release (UK) - 22/10/2014

Moderator: Pirkka

ssparatrooper

Re: Fury Film Release (UK) - 22/10/2014

Post by ssparatrooper »

David advised the tanks and infantry with tanks, rob Lihani ww2 American, me Germans
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

ssparatrooper wrote:It came from this original photo
Just like reenacting, why not show the usual panzer uniform, instead of something doctored up in the field?

The "experts" out there will forever remember it as being some farby hollywood uniform
Herr_Pete

Post by Herr_Pete »

oh ffs zips??? Yeah it's all nice and good that there is a photo of it but what was wrong with the standard blacks?
Kampfgruppe Schottland Pz Lehr rgt 901
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Ask the costume designer I trained em I didn't dress em or put their webbing on them :lol:

Zips you never see them! Look at some more books on the waffen ss they used loads, I'm talking about heimdal £50-100 books that show original photos of real soldiers from ww2 like that photo, look at Wiking vol 1 no zips in that book or any of the dictionary of the waffen ss books (that blokes from das reich before you ask) and the waffenss unit in "fury" is based around ss panzer brigade westfahlen a real unit made up of veterans from all of the divisions from an armoured training school that had hardly any vehicles but what they did have was thrown at the Americans in March 1945
carvillan

Post by carvillan »

ssparatrooper wrote:Ask the costume designer I trained em I didn't dress em or put their webbing on them :lol:

Zips you never see them! Look at some more books on the waffen ss they used loads, I'm talking about heimdal £50-100 books that show original photos of real soldiers from ww2 like that photo, look at Wiking vol 1 no zips in that book or any of the dictionary of the waffen ss books (that blokes from das reich before you ask) and the waffenss unit in "fury" is based around ss panzer brigade westfahlen a real unit made up of veterans from all of the divisions from an armoured training school that had hardly any vehicles but what they did have was thrown at the Americans in March 1945
Kitkat, yiu can't please all the people all time. I think all of the production team have done a great job in authenticity as much as they could. But executing german prisoners? ? Surely that NEVER happened! :lol:

It was only ze germans who did that! :D
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

yes luckily im not a people pleaser!
Milmart

Post by Milmart »

MasGew wrote:If people are going to critique a book or film then I prefer to look at a balanced review that includes both negative and positive aspects. Having seen some of the responses being offered I don’t believe they are either balanced or fair.
As a piece of Hollywood cinema it is what it is - mass produced for the Call of Duty (CoD) generation - you only have to look on social media for people quoting the line ad nauseam "best job I ever had" - it appears for some it was....
We assist private collectors and museums to enhance their collections in the pursuit of the conservation and preservation of military history.
www.milmart_militaria.net
hansritter

Post by hansritter »

I enjoyed it. I saw it for what It was, pure entertainment.
Feldgendarmerie Hauptfeldwebel Johann Ritter.

Return to “Books, films & other media”