badges i picked up recently

Moderator: pzrwest

berlin1945

badges i picked up recently

Post by berlin1945 »

here are some badges i picked up recently at a car boot sale i would appreciate if some one could identify these and give me some current market prices as i intend to trade these for other things many thanks
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Re: badges i picked up recently

Post by berlin1945 »

vw badge and three other badges all sort of bronze metal

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

a watch mod with back inscritption 6B -9101000 H 0058 M ON BACK AND ON FRONT HAS hamilton with a letter T in a circle what year and what price please in really good condition

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

two pairs of binoculars one ww1 french with petite paris on the eye socks the other is it british

Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

My Reichsnahrstand members pin.John
Reichsnahrstand pin 001.jpg
Reichsnahrstand pin 001.jpg (106.87 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
Reichsnahrstand pin 002.jpg
Reichsnahrstand pin 002.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Binoculars French £5 at most.
French naval or remarked for Kgm use , depending on condition £140 plus.
British depends on maker , model , condition.
Ross WW1 approx. £15-20 depending on condition.
Ross WW2 7x50 - £20- 35 depending on condition.
Ross RAF sets , in good order with case £50-70 depending on condition.
Barr and Stroud most £45-60 but reckon on having to fully service them, so think another £50 for that.

Generally speaking not a lot of money in WW1 sets unless they are Zeiss and are in good order, very good order or are of officer grade with good leather furniture. ( Ross sets of this type are quite expensive).
The Galilean type as shown, "look straight through", worth very little - ebay , car boot sales full of them.IMO money wasted.Chances of trading these on , zero.

When buying these give some consideration to what they are like internally looking through a dirty binocular is a waste of time and money, if you intend to use them have them professionally cleaned and consider the additional cost when buying them.
It is possible to buy a decent set, have it cleaned and have something genetically better than some of the mass produced sets you see on sale in boots.

As far as buying badges etc goes - invest in some reading material and know what you are buying , buying from dealers - some ( not all) dealers talk a good talk and leave you assuming they know what they are taking about but most don't and they count on you not knowing either so best to be informed rather than "taken".

Going to local fairs on an occasional basis I keep my hand mostly in my pocket but do enjoy some of the prices asked and stories told.
Lots of reproduction stuff sold - saw one dealer refusing to "buy back" a cap he had sold the previous year - " I don't like to buy stuff back again to sell it again, I don't like reselling it again" - bullshit you knew its crap when you sold it and that is why you won't buy it back.

Buying stuff at boot sales hit and miss.
(Small sized poorly detailed photos ( you need to get a camera with a good macro setting ) these don't really give anyone a chance to appraise the items shown, it is worth bearing in mind that some dealers prices on the net don't reflect what one would want to buy for, if a dealer is asking £50 it is fair to say he has a good profit on it ).
Last edited by Tychsen on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

The watch has incorrect strap fitted to it and the Number on the back would lead me to think its post war 50/60s if it works you would be looking at 30 to 35 pound
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Medals and Awards”