Repro medal bar

Moderator: pzrwest

Brigardefuhrer

Repro medal bar

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Arrived today from unionmilitaria.I asked if they could do a custom bar not on their website and sent a photo of an original set.Three days later it was on the website and I was able to order my set.John
DSCF2449 (640x414).jpg
DSCF2449 (640x414).jpg (183.3 KiB) Viewed 10809 times
DSCF2450 (640x403).jpg
DSCF2450 (640x403).jpg (122.78 KiB) Viewed 10809 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
pepperpot

Re: Repro medal bar

Post by pepperpot »

John
have you purchased an officers uniform from them?
site appears to be 'helpfull' to the re enactor.
regards
graham
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Hi Graham,yes I have bought three tunics and a custom made pair of piped long trousers from them (via their ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rzmmilitaria)the tunic and trousers I wore at Chatham market on sunday came from them.The ebay shop has more uniforms than their main site.I have found them to be very helpfull and delivery is quick too.I got the medal bar from their main site and so far I have had no problems with their goods(some one I know did order an SS brocade belt and when they received it the brocade had been sewn on back to front,but that could be sorted out).John
*I see they have updated their main website to include their new tunics/trousers WW1 & WW2
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Herr Taff

Post by Herr Taff »

very nice.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

thanks john
im after a M36 officers tunic ill get the tape measure out, custom size :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
regards,
graham
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

Be careful with their woollen officers tunic, it looks like one of the badly made chinese ones with the wonky collars and wrong collar underlay. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me (http://www.unionmilitaria.net/index.php?c=msg&id=210&)
Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

John,
any comments on the last post
regards,
graham
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

Have to say their medals look really good though!
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

It's on the same stand and everything: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-German-M3 ... 5af154905c

Can't be sure but it definitely looks like it. I don't mean to downplay Union, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Just seen that the UnionMilitaria woollen tunic also has the incorrect shoulder board attachment, there should be a hole to sew the boards into the inside of the shoulder rather than a loop.
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

I have not seen that tunic before and its on unions wholesale site(.net instead of .com).Not all officers tunics had sewn in shoulder boards,they also had slip on boards.Officers also used o/r tunics for field use or had them reworked with turn back cuffs like the item shown.I have a M36/41 wool tunic from them,the wool is not "combat grade",is thinner and more like "doeskin",I also changed the shoulder board buttons for(shoulder boards are sewn in) screw post ones and replaced the others with originals.Personally I would go for the quality tricot uniforms.
tunics%20001.jpg
tunics%20001.jpg (92.99 KiB) Viewed 10707 times
Nathan Bedford Forest.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Thanks John, it was the tricot version i was after. i doo some measuring as see what turns up. I either use for Kavallerie of GFP,
cheers
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

i need a new spell checker!!!!
pepperpot
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The one from the ebay seller based in Glasgow,might be made by spearhead or a similar Chinese firm.The woolen tunic doe's not appear on unionmilitaria.com or the ebay shop rzmmilitaria.
Graham I hope it turns out ok for you,as I've said the tricot uniforms I've had,have been ok,but I've also 'tweaked' them to how I want them.
To get back on topic,the medals and badges are good quality,they say they are made at the same factory that make the medals for the Olympic games.Most are made from zinc,a material used for badges in the war,the 12 year service medal is on the other hand 'magnetic',the same as war time ones.
Nathan Bedford Forest.
mrseppd

Post by mrseppd »

i had the ss brocade belt which was sewn inside out as john said , i have since contacted them and it has been replaced by a good one .
i had good communication throughout and had no trouble at all to put it right i have also bought some awards /medals and the quality is excellent, postage is free and quick once you have made an initial order you just have to be patient as there are in china.. cheers...

Return to “Medals and Awards”