donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC

Post subject: SS Helferin FG uniform
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 am 

Looking to get my wife Jenny kitted out for 12 Trupp FG as an SS Helferin. Anyone got any info as to the best type and colour blouse to get as I cant find any info on that. Any help at all regarding that uniform would be great. Also, I thought Helferinnen didnt have ties but now found some pics with Police Helfs in black ties, would SS FG Helfs have had that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm 

Uniforms made to size from ANTZ(cheng) on ebay. Can I say good quality in terms of material, cut and manufacture and I would personally recommend him

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERMAN-ELITE-Wome ... 7C294%3A30

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERMAN-Heer-Women ... 7C294%3A30

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GERMAN-Heer-Women ... 7C294%3A30

As for info, I think the osprey book is not bad. and gives fair idea of insignia and look. I'm sure some of the helfrin on the forum can point you to web sites and other points of interest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:44 am 

Chen's stuff is very good, i've just recieved the Heer helferinn uniform and my wife is very pleased about the quality and fit.
Fabric feels good and sewing is good.

Next to that i've had some other stuff form Chen and everything has the same high standard.
Contact is very nice, i highly recommend him.

Gr.

Sjoerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 pm 

Chen's colour for the SS version is wrong. It is too green. SS Helferrinnen were dubbed "the grey mice" by the french because their uniforms were so grey. Almost a stone grey, not field grey as is used by Chen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:27 pm 

Ive seen the green ones, so what Helferins wore those then? Or, are they just wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 pm 

SS FG Helfs , tell me more !!!!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:49 pm 

Dont think Barry means it quite the way it sounds mate.His missis will just be attached to the play FG for events.

Dave

GeFoPo

Web site http://vietnamuk.moonfruit.com

Forum http://vietnamreenactors.myfastforum.org/index.php

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:16 pm 

[quote="Crazy Feldgendarme"]Dont think Barry means it quite the way it sounds mate.His missis will just be attached to the play FG for events.

Dave[/quote]

I know what you are saying Dave , sorry i should of written my bit a tad better as it sounds a bit pervy lol , i would like more info in regards SS FG Helferin ie uniforms , insignia and what role they played in the FG ? was just thinking of my wife thats all :wink:

mike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:25 pm 

LOL, it did sound a bit pervy! Id love to find out more about Helferin in the SS and FG, seems a very hard thing to find out about though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm 

Wolfie wrote:
Chen's colour for the SS version is wrong. It is too green. SS Helferrinnen were dubbed "the grey mice" by the french because their uniforms were so grey. Almost a stone grey, not field grey as is used by Chen.

Thats a misconception thats often bandied around. The little grey mice were actually the females in Heer helferin uniform which was grey (theres a discussion about this on the AHF). The original SS helferinnen tunics were feldgrau, this can be seen in original surviving tunics which still retain their green hue. The ones reproduced by Antz and Chen are more accurate to originals in both colour and fabric than others available.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:20 pm 

Thanks for the info, I have been reserching this loads and feld grau does seem to be right for SS Helferin... be interested to know what is a good match for the blouse and shoes :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 pm 

FRAU wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Thats a misconception thats often bandied around. The little grey mice were actually the females in Heer helferin uniform which was grey (theres a discussion about this on the AHF). The original SS helferinnen tunics were feldgrau, this can be seen in original surviving tunics which still retain their green hue. The ones reproduced by Antz and Chen are more accurate to originals in both colour and fabric than others available.

correct my dear,
ss - felgrau(green)
heer- grey
grey- drk

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm 

FRAU wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Who are Antz and Chen?

The above links to E Bay dont work, probably because they are months old.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 pm 

FRAU wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Who are Antz and Chen?
The above links are months old and dont work

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:28 pm 

gurowski wrote:
FRAU wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Who are Antz and Chen?
The above links are months old and dont work

ANT-Z and Chen are one and the same.. And I too have had some great items from him.. :D

See:

http://www.reenactment-box.com/html/index.php

and for his eBay shop:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/ANT-Z-MILITARY__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Cheers,

Ade

*webmaster temp testing**