donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm 

I have managed to convince my other half to start joining our re-enactment events, and she is now the very proud owner of a Heer Nachrichtenhelferin (NH) uniform. For headgear, she has the NH side cap with the Blitz patch.

Some questions though:
- Were the NH ever issued with greatcoats, and - if yes - what insignia was worn on it? Shoulder boards in signals yellow, Heer breast eagle, NH cuff title - which was worn? We frequently attend early-morning shows at our local air force base, and the winter mornings have proved that the woolen NH uniforms are a bit thin on their own...
- Were the NH ever issued with a stahlhelm? I acquired a small M40 lid some time ago, and was on the verge of selling it on when I realized that it might work for the NH impression - but only if it was realistically issued. I have seen some photos of Luftschutz helferinne wearing helmets, so I guess there was no taboo against them wearing steel lids.

Some information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm 

Rotkreuz nurses were issued with greatcoats with the red cross for collar tabs, so I think NH would also get them, it's not like they were sent home in the winter anyway. And if not issued, I'm sure no one would beat them for picking one up and using it, I'm sure a gal could seduce a quartermaster ;)

As for helmet, yes, they wore them, well kept them nearby, I don't think they were officially issued but their workplace would keep spares in case of an air raid. Same as the ladies in England, except they carried their helmets everywhere.

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54

*webmaster temp testing**