Helferinen Uniforms

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

Wolfie

Helferinen Uniforms

Post by Wolfie »

I'm looking for a place Stateside that sells Helferinen uniforms. I want to get my wife a SS Helferin uniform, but I'm stumped as to where to start!

Any help appreceiated. :)
"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Re: Helferinen Uniforms

Post by Alex »

try pming BDMhistorian - she is I think American and though she doesn't come on here often enough I am sure she could point you in the right direction
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Thanks, mate.

BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

Heh. Sorry, I haven't really kept up with the board lately ... lots of other stuff in real life keeping me busy. I do always get PM's though since I receive a notice in my email about them. So PM is the fastest way to get a hold of me. Anyway, Joe, I sent you a PM reply.

I see that you're in PA. You might want to try Reenactor Fest this weekend, as they will have a lot of vendors there. You might get lucky there?
craigob

Post by craigob »

Wolfie, where in Philly are you?, I'm south, My Missus Does Helfrin and she made her own kit, thers a pic on here somehere of her.. Are you part of a group?

PS im a Brit too, been here for 8 years now
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Thanks BDMhistorian.

craigob, PM incoming, mate.

Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

I'm not sure that there is a vendor that is doing these full time or even at all. I still have not found one. Most of the people I know have made their own; unfortunately I do not sew. Wolfie, if you find a vendor, would you mind posting it?
Cheers,
Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I certainly will, Kelly.

gerike

Post by gerike »

:) Hi all, just for fun... post this pic of my wife in LW helfenin uniform, in a reenactment in Italy.
Cheers Max.

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Gerike, where did your wife get her uniform?

gerike

Post by gerike »

Hi Wolfie,
My wife has been done his uniform alone, choosing the right fabric and with the help of a tailor, taking the model from, some photos taken by an Italian magazine "Uniforms and weapons."
Gerike.
g girl

Post by g girl »

Just to let you know, we have got in some SS Helferin skirts and will be getting in jackets shortly, once we ok the sample. We have sizes 8-18, and will be at Stoneleigh, hall 2, pitches 288,289,298 and 299 :lol:
dink

Post by dink »

You'll have to get some piccies up, price guide would also be useful, not to mention I've no idea who you are or trade as so I assume some of the other ladies won't either ;) and thus those not going to Stoneleigh, that maybes interested might want more of a hint ;)

Will remember to have a look at Stoneleigh (Lou remind me ;) and we'll have a neb). Curious to see as I've been slaving away on a variety of things myself, though not the SS helferin stuff, Jacket is considerably different to other Helferin and I've only seen one original and I like a few examples and to touch one before I take a stab in the dark for something midway between those, though I may attempt it eventually.

Oh and yes lots of questions :oops: where are the items being made ? don't have to tell me the craftsman/woman, but are they UK or the stuff alledgely thats been coming from the far east for some time ?

Will you be stocking anything else in the female line ? I'll stop now as I could ask more, but I'll wait seeing the item by eye and no doubt ask in person :oops;
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dink.

dink

Post by dink »

Thanks Wolfie, and appologies as I sound sceptical above :oops: but as its something thats not readily available to women in the UK that do Axis reenactment (besides curiousity as to why SS uniforms first :? ) I personally and noone else (unless they agree) would like to know far more than the quick skit put above by yourself G-Girl.

We've forum members also elsewhere in the World and not solely in the UK, these ladies may also be interested (pending quality and how authentic they look).

If you could take a little time to post some more, you may find more avenues for your items. The cost issue is an interesting one considering what Wephaus did sell them for (I checked last year but they wouldn't at that time do LW for someone in the UK :roll: and were doing them stateside as and when if they could get the tailor that made them to agree).

As they are such a hard to come by item, people (ladies) will want to know that they are of a good standard, before spending their hard earned pennies on them.

Think I still come across as a bit ott and in your face :oops: am sorry I'm trying not to :oops: so appologise for that.

Pull up a pew and tell us more :D

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”