How well do you know female kit ?

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

dink

How well do you know female kit ?

Post by dink »

I'm bored (ok so I'm always bored :oops: )and thought it had been far tooooooooooooooo quiet on here in the ladies section :D so I'm proposing to start a quiz (edumacationally valued of course and hoping to dispel some myths about the colour of womens uniforms in a nice way, some you'll know some you maybes not ;) ) :lol: anyways it might help to keep the brain cells ticking over and to see if from a mere snippet of fabric, merely as a representation of colour ;) (yes bahh hoooo humbug her and her wool obsession :lol::oops: ) from a variety of pieces of women kit :D

The below pictures are all from original items and nothing I've made (rest assured you would know as I've still not mastered the colours I want :lol: ) I've chosen the items where hopefully the colour is most obvious from a choice of piccies I have (you may disagree :lol: but any more than a snippet and people might guess on not just the colour alone :twisted: )

So does anyone want to join in ? (note males more than welcome to have a go :D ) someone please I'm bored :lol:

Oh and you don't have to guess exact trade, merely which service the helferin worked for to make it niiiiiiiiiiiice and simple 8)

C'mon Nick you like loitering in here when the gurlies post :lol:

Noone has a go I'll not give the answers :twisted: and you'll all be left wondering wtf that was all about (as if you won't anyways ;) )

A Image B Image
C Image D Image
E Image F Image
G Image H Image
I Image J Image
K Image
L Image
M Image
DAS MEDIC

Re: How well do you know female kit ?

Post by DAS MEDIC »

its bits of sheeeep :P
blue sheep,
green sheep
white sheep
grey, sheep
blue grey sheep
green grey sheep
white grey sheep
sheep that are blue grey
grey blue
whitish blue
green grey which is different to grey green
grey blue which is more grey than blue not blue than grey

cotton sheep, the ones that live in trees :P
they come in a variety of assorted colours

all the above like boiling too :P
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
missyd

Post by missyd »

J = Red Cross
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Oh and you don't have to guess exact trade, merely which service the helferin worked for to make it niiiiiiiiiiiice and simple

That's easy, it's all Wehrmacht! :lol: :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
dink

Post by dink »

NO :P ha so ner lol I meant as in heer, LW, etc etc :roll: but they ain't all wehrmacht :lol: so errr errr Mr John :lol:

J is red cross, its the head dress (not Wehrmacht OR A SHEEP NICK :P :lol: )
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

dink wrote:NO :P ha so ner lol I meant as in heer, LW, etc etc :roll: but they ain't all wehrmacht :lol: so errr errr Mr John :lol:

J is red cross, its the head dress (not Wehrmacht OR A SHEEP NICK :P :lol: )
If there's a uniform that's not military orientated it must be party? . NSDAP then?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
dink

Post by dink »

Bollox knew I'd forget one :lol: was going to include the NS- Frauenschaft snippet of hat and skirt/tunic fabric :roll: and forgot :lol: but you'll have to be more specific to female service (like its not a give away now :lol: and which picture :P )
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

notice... i was trying to be constructive.

i never mentioned

pvc sheep :roll:

or rubber sheep :oops:

or anthing to do with the word leather or inflatable :P :P :P
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

dink

Post by dink »

Ha ha ha you don't know how funny that comment is :lol: I've been researching the admistration side of helferin, and those of the Reichsbahn :lol: they have one might kinky looking work frock with a big zip down the front :shock: I've had the piccies awhile and never noticed how bizarre the dress looks nad can I fluff find info on its bizarre material make up :roll:

Anyways I've since decided your more obsessed with sheep than me, must be that Yorkshire lineage in thee :lol: :mrgreen:
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

dink wrote:Ha ha ha you don't know how funny that comment is :lol: I've been researching the admistration side of helferin, and those of the Reichsbahn :lol: they have one might kinky looking work frock with a big zip down the front :shock: I've had the piccies awhile and never noticed how bizarre the dress looks nad can I fluff find info on its bizarre material make up :roll:

Anyways I've since decided your more obsessed with sheep than me, must be that Yorkshire lineage in thee :lol: :mrgreen:

sheep, rubber ,pvc.......................baaaaaaaaaaaaaa, cold shower

i would like you to know MADAM that my lineage is from the isle of lewis..................sheep farmers :lol: :lol:
"every dog has its' day"

crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

dink, do you also collect camoflage? :D
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

crossofiron wrote:dink, do you also collect camoflage? :D
splinter a sheep
sumpfmuster sheep
oak sheep
and my favourite
peas sheep

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dink probably has the lot :lol: :mrgreen:
"every dog has its' day"

dink

Post by dink »

No well not yet anyways :lol: not for want of trying :oops: only camo I have is my jumpsmock in T & W and my zelt in splinter both repro for airsofting :lol: have been looking at avenues to acquire cam fabric i variety of ways obviously I chop up the fabrics I obtain as they're as near as and I can't afford originals being an unworking lazeabout mom atm :lol:

Why you ask :?:

Oh for alottery win ....... I'd get a large house and stuff getting mannequins I'd have a room full of well toned men to drape an array of uniforms, also bought througjh said win. one for every day of the week and two for sunday

AND NO SHEEP so :P nick :lol:

Got me thinking now though, camo-sheep :\ hmmm interesting idea :lol:
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

did you know...
if you fire a sheep in the air , it curls up into a ball and hides itself as a cloud
"every dog has its' day"

missyd

Post by missyd »

DAS MEDIC wrote:did you know...
if you fire a sheep in the air , it curls up into a ball and hides itself as a cloud
I think you should stop watch the "SHAUN THE SHEEP" TV Series ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”