How well do you know female kit ?

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

The Sorrow

Re: How well do you know female kit ?

Post by The Sorrow »

So many jokes come to mind, but...

anyways...

I always though women just wore those grey tunics and skirt outfits.... actually what exactly could a women do if she wanted to re-enact?? Like they'd be kinda limited, wouldn't they??
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire." - Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

http://www.frundsberg.co.uk
dink

Post by dink »

Alsorts civilian, RADwj, BDM (age pending leadership/youth section), NS Frauenschaft, LW Helferin, Heer Helferin, SS Helferin, Marine Helferin, DRK Helferin, Schwesterschaft, and a few more that I can't think of right now cos I'm in vodka mode :mrgreen:

Uniform colour wise, nope there were a few varients ;) hence me putting a pop quiz up but noones brave enough to guess, though the wool was produced in the same colours as the mens kit for helferinnen. So Feldgrau is the same shade no matter if you were male or female and so on, but the same shade varients existed and women were usually given the runt of the fabric run, or adapted kit (both new and used) as well as some male items being issued ski pants and fliegerbluse although there were female varients as well.
The Sorrow

Post by The Sorrow »

Mmm vodka, can't beat an absolute on the rocks :wink:

Wow.. thats a lot, never knew that. You don't really see many women re-enacting, would be nice to see more doing it :mrgreen: Lets face it, the men ain't much to look at :lol:
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire." - Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

dink

Post by dink »

Well it looks like noone wants to play :lol: and I had the next installment of guessing the colour from a black and white picture all lined up ;) ho hum, its obviously just me thats sad and sits and looks at lots of pictures of kit :oops:

Shall keep the answers to myself then :mrgreen:
The Sorrow

Post by The Sorrow »

:lol:

I've been told off about my sleeve eagle on my pea dots... looks I got the wrong colour :oops: but how was I supposed to know what colour/type was the right one from black and white pictures :cry:

dink

Post by dink »

Well I guess in that instance you could have asked someone first ;) but it is possible to estimate colour from a B & W piccie. In the most basic way of explaining it, if you pick a selection of pictures of say reenactors (so that the kit should theoretically be somewhere near right) and grey scale them, you'll be able to note the shade of grey certain colours go. Compare them then to those period piccies and you'll hopefully see what I mean.
The Sorrow

Post by The Sorrow »

Ahh right... cool, I'll try that then next time :wink: :mrgreen:

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”