Flak Helferin uniforms....

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

KDF

Flak Helferin uniforms....

Post by KDF »

Hi all,

I`m not sure this is the best place or right place for this but ....I have in my collection an original Flak Helferin`s uniform, I`m going to sell it,but I also have 16` x 5` of original luftwaffe material. The uniform comprises of Jacket and Trousers, but with a skirt,side cap and M43 cap made form the origianl material.

My question for you ladies out there...IF I managed to get some copies made , at a decent price would anyone be interested in purchasing one ?

Answers on a postcard...well on here please...

K
Founder member of AFRA.
dink

Re: Flak Helferin uniforms....

Post by dink »

As a guide I think Wep sell their luft repros (obviously non original wool) ones at £250, Militaria-net do SS-Helferin for £150 (I think am sure Anthony/G-Girl will correct me if I'm wrong), and that italian place that does them completely wrong for £450. Not sure on what the SBG Ladies charge members for theres, but theres one in the sale section for £250 (used)

Am I interested ? everything atm is pending me getting a job :lol: so can't answer til I know that :roll:
KDF

Post by KDF »

Hi dink,

Ooops, at 7am this morning when i posted that I didint see the thread about the Flak Helferin`s uniform for sale in the states. I will see if the seamstress can give me a price, if not for anything else it would be interesting to see what costs are involved in what she does.

I will let you know when i have more info.

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
dink

Post by dink »

Thanks Keith 8)
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Keith,

Might be interested. Also, speak to me before you sell the originals as well.

Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
KDF

Post by KDF »

Wilder Feger wrote:Keith,

Might be interested. Also, speak to me before you sell the originals as well.

Kelly
Kelly,

No probs.

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
g girl

Post by g girl »

Our SS helferin uniforms are £120, we will be posting pictures shortly. Once we have all sizes in 8-18.
dink

Post by dink »

Knew it was £100 and summat :lol: see ya monday ;)
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

KDF wrote:Hi all,

I`m not sure this is the best place or right place for this but ....I have in my collection an original Flak Helferin`s uniform, I`m going to sell it,but I also have 16` x 5` of original luftwaffe material. The uniform comprises of Jacket and Trousers, but with a skirt,side cap and M43 cap made form the origianl material.

My question for you ladies out there...IF I managed to get some copies made , at a decent price would anyone be interested in purchasing one ?

Answers on a postcard...well on here please...

K
would be really good to see a nice copy of the helferin uniform, i know that wep do have the walking out dress for $299 (about 148 quid).
16 x5 isnt going to get many uniforms out of, probably 2 at a push

me and mick troll over europe in fabric shops\warehouses
if you could send us a small clip keith we could look out for some more or similar
then if your friend comes up with a good price we could maybe supply a bigger demand as i am sure they will be
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
HGKanonier

Post by HGKanonier »

Hallo,
Noob here. Anyhow, attached is a pic of a Flak-Helferin Bluse I made for a reenactor wife. I used an altered STurm Fliegerbluse for the base. I bought a second Fliegerbluse for use as extra cloth since the 1943 LW Hosen weren't available at the time.
I had already altered a pair of LW 1943 Hosen into the side-closure F-H Trousers for the wife of a GD reenactor.
I was working with HK Keith 2 yrs ago to have a small run produced. His problem was trying to coordinate it with his next run of Fliegerblusen. He was not able to mfg these before shutting down late summer.
Since HK Keith crapped out, I have started to work with Ant-Z. The advantage is Chen has the ability to make custom uniforms along with his stock items. He already has the Fliegerbluse pattern so it will be simple to reverse the front closure and make the other mods for the F-H Bluse.
The holdup now is he doesn't have any LW Feldblau Wool yet. He does understand the correct wool was the blue/grey heathered appearance. He actually criticized HK-Keith for using a blue-dyed homogenous looking cloth.
In the meantime, I'm going to ask him to make a sample in Reed-Green HBT. Relic Hunters had an original pair of F-H Trousers in this cloth. If they made the trousers then they most likely made the Bluse, too.
The HBT F-H Uniform gives the women a comfortable hot weather alternative to wearing the Black HBT Kombi. Although, the thought of a Flak-Chick wearing the LW Sporthemd with the black kombi tied around her waist makes for a rather motivating image.
And why go through all this? Well, we have several ladies who want to participate but they want to do more than just putting band-aids on fake wounds and dealing with the malingering flirts. So we wrote up a proposition to allow the F-H to participate at certain historically appropriate events, ie Ardennes, Germany 1945, Berlin, etc. This proposition was voted down by some of the more mysogenistic members, and those who thought their wives wouldn't let them play if they knew women were going to be around.
We are building a propane/oxygen 2,0cm Flak-Vierling to be mounted on a Ford 1,5 ton, ultimate WWII drive-by machine.
In the meantime, the above F-H has been driving the Ford, as she seems to have the double-clutch shifting technique down very well.
holz21pz

Post by holz21pz »

My wife and I engineered a the later style uniform based on these originals. We used a Swiss uniform to convert. I ran out of time before the event and had to use some funky buttons that we'll replace. Only mananged to find one picture of her in the uniform though.
Attachments
sharonflakhelf.jpg
sharonflakhelf.jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 18224 times
flakhelferinikestyle.jpg
flakhelferinikestyle.jpg (109.05 KiB) Viewed 18223 times
flakhelferinikestyle2.jpg
flakhelferinikestyle2.jpg (20.16 KiB) Viewed 18220 times
KDF

Post by KDF »

http://www.militariacollection.com/ausiliarieRSI.htm

Not quite sure of the lady `kissing` the flag ....but another maker of female uniforms ?
Founder member of AFRA.
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Keith,
Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but I had heard some not so good things about this vendor a few years back. I hate to say anything too negative as I don't know if they've improved or not, but I would simply say "be cautious" to anyone looking to order from them

Kel
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'd stay well clear, just look at the shite they sell as a panzer uniform.
Dressing up site.
missyd

Post by missyd »

KDF wrote:http://www.militariacollection.com/ausiliarieRSI.htm

Not quite sure of the lady `kissing` the flag ....but another maker of female uniforms ?
You can order the RSI ausiliare uniform from Sartoria Equip in Italy. Expensive but the best quality around. For DIY version buy some cheap swiss uniforms and make it yourself! Its nearly the same fabric (difference will not be noticed!).
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”