Need help with a uniform

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

WOLL

Need help with a uniform

Post by WOLL »

Can anyone help me with a problem, my wife is looking to get into the reenacting with me but the group im in has no other females to help her start off.

She wants to be a german field nurse or a ss member. Can anyone help me in the right dirction on were to buy the uniforms as I havnt a baldy were to start.

Woll
dink

Re: Need help with a uniform

Post by dink »

Are you UK based ? if so you need to get in touch with Lucia on the forum. She has started a group for women (doesn't matter if they are members of another group or members of her group as they will all work together irrespective of where memberships held). The group is FRAU and there is a post in this section about it (think its titled wars women become independant).

They will be doing both SS Helferinnen and DRK, amongst a good few other impressions. SS Helferin uniforms can be bought from Militaria-net (G-Girl is the member to contact about that on here, or via their website :) , and I've put pictures of that in the post of Helferin uniforms on here). DRK would require either sewing skills (yourself/Mrs or someone who can do it for you) or a dress (I believe they turn up at events on stalls ;) if you want an ginal) and insignia (district triangle and broach are available again Militaria-net, and SOF), not sure on the repro armband but SOLDAT did have them in. I have an original uniform that she's more than welcome to have a look at ;) . (Nick and Michaela are also good to talk to about DRK ;) )

I believe the next event for FRAU is Waltham Abbey, then East of England Tank Museum and then Renishaw Hall.

I know am speaking on Lou's behalf (she can slap me later :D ) but she'd be more than happy to talk to your Mrs, as am sure the rest of us would, that and its a damn site easier than discussing it via you over a forum :lol: You can as said PM Lucia as a point of contact, and I'm more than happy to offer any help I can.
dink

Post by dink »

Make it easy for you ;) post regarding SS Helferinnen uniform
dink wrote:Pictures of the uniform available from Militaria-net (member on here G girl ;) feel free to use the piccies Anthony if they're of any use.

Points about the uniform, sizing is on the small size (I found I had to get a slightly bigger tunic than dress size), I shall be replacing the zip with a metal one when I get chance and possibly taking it up a smidge (but then i've got long legs) Other than that its as the pictures.

Hat made from a panzer one Anthony had already started to massacre, and I've finished and made it fit my head.

Events FRAU are attending, and what Lou has chosen as our representations at them
Lucia wrote:Hi all,

Just back from Great Malvern, great little weekend away but disapointing that there wasn't more re-enactors there but never mind.
Anywho! more interest from ladies wanting to work with us on the FRAU front.

Quick update on events that we will be displaying seperate from the boys this year:
Waltham Abbey - Blitzmadchen/DRK
East of England Tank Museum - We will be using an '88' and teaming up as Flak Helferin.
Beltring - Flak helferin Unit (hopefully) if not then Nachrichten with Das Reich/DRK with Nick and Michaela.
Detling - Possibly ReichsPost - Providing a mail service to the show ground for giggles!
NYMR - Combination of Reichbahn helferin and nachrichten.

Cheers
Helga
Theres plenty (LOTS) of DRK picks on the internet if you google bildarchiv and Ullstein bid websites and search Helferin/DRK/Frau and other keywords ;)
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

How much do those things run?
"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

dink

Post by dink »

Wolfie wrote:How much do those things run?

:oops: eH? :lol:
WOLL

Post by WOLL »

Hi Dink

Thanks For the help, im over in Northern Ireland with FAR so can't make to any of the mainland shows this year.

I think it would be the SS Helferinnen uniform but just need to ask prices and sizes.

Thanks
Woll
dink

Post by dink »

£120 for the militaria net uniform and in sizes 8-18 but you may want to measure and go on that rather than dress size just to be 100% sure ;) he also has the female cuff titles, trade badges, eagles etc etc ;)

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”