W-SS Kradschütze

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Gren Broich

Re: W-SS Kradschütze

Post by Gren Broich »

Top photos west-front,thanks for posting 8)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

one more
Attachments
7689wi4.jpg
7689wi4.jpg (29.75 KiB) Viewed 5693 times
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Is that Helmet cover Palm tree :shock: sure looks it
Attachments
motoss3vt9.jpg
motoss3vt9.jpg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Gliderinf / Luftlande
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

One for Deitz,

What looks to me to be a Zundapp KS600 combo towing a Pak 36 + 5 blokes.

(Pogendorff in the background having a ciggy)

SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
Muller

Post by Muller »

the 1st photo is great and thanks for posting.... its stange but this could be one of the easist type of units to form what with all the orgigional krads and the mock ups now in WW2 re-enacting but you just dont see it...

i guess the nearset thing to it is the SBG, but i dont think i have ever seen uniform motocycle unit in re-enactment like whats shown in the first picky.... but what a sight sit would be!!! especialy rolling around Beltring!
Muller

Post by Muller »

any krad owners feeling the vibe here?

I'd be up for getting a krad unit going..... Totenkopf of cpurse at the start of Barborassa :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Love too - If I had a stack a cash to tart my ural up :( and If I knew how to ride it :roll:
Gliderinf / Luftlande
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

Picture 1 contains about £350,000.00 worth of Krads alone... I'll let someone else add up the cost of all matching kit. :shock:
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

nice one of a pair of socks drying on the front wheel
Attachments
wss1437tl2.jpg
wss1437tl2.jpg (220.7 KiB) Viewed 5622 times
Muller

Post by Muller »

vonnyky boy think your missing the point on that one mushey..... not saying re-enact it 100% with orig krads aand kit...

the point was one re-enacts a krad uniform krad unit... all you see is a mixture off bikes in tan, grey, cammo and all sorts of kit....

my thoughts were that there was an oppotunity for there to be a creation of a krad unit that would look something like piccy one.... :wink: sorry dindt mean to hijack the tread :shock:
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

Muller wrote:vonnyky boy think your missing the point on that one mushey..... not saying re-enact it 100% with orig krads aand kit...

the point was one re-enacts a krad uniform krad unit... all you see is a mixture off bikes in tan, grey, cammo and all sorts of kit....

my thoughts were that there was an oppotunity for there to be a creation of a krad unit that would look something like piccy one.... :wink: sorry dindt mean to hijack the tread :shock:
Muller - if your not going to do it 100% right with original bikes - why bother at all! :wink:

Not a bad idea to have everyone in a squad wearing roughly the same kit - the same idea should go for any squad in reenacting, but matching bikes is another thing.

Krads are very personal things, people who own them have invested thousands of pounds and many years of there lives in some cases restoring an original krad and they will probably already know from when they first collect the rusty wreck or pile of parts what colour from those available they will eventually paint it!
Matching it to other peoples has probably very little to do with that choice.

For Kradschützen the matching bikes/kit look would I guess be more correct for chasing Poles or Frogs or the earlier war period - on the other hand a mixture of kit with probably more heavy weapons, different bikes and probably other vehicles like kubels & schwimmers is more correct for the Normandy period we usually portray at events - I don't think at the time they were that picky about everything matching, they were probably just happy not to have to walk by that point. :D

Also IMHO reneactors are some of the most individual individuals about, even though we like uniforms, we have to admit we don't realy like on the whole to be uniform. :D
Muller

Post by Muller »

you know what.... i had anticipated that would be coming as a response and fair play i can understand the orgional verhicle mentality... i dont understand that it has to 100% orgional krads its not as if krad riders wear 100% origional kit is it?? and yes its right it would only work for early war which was the point i was trying to make... Normandy is a different kettle of fish altogether but if your unit is centred around that period then i guess you would not want to have to keep spraying your bike for a different event....

But this would be a new thing... a new unit and with a little bit of imagination and some boldness an early war krad unit could be possible and what a sight it would be. I'll shut up now and get back in my bunker..... dont rock the boat or as a famous man says light a candle in the darkness.

TTFN.
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

Muller wrote:
But this would be a new thing... a new unit and with a little bit of imagination and some boldness an early war krad unit could be possible and what a sight it would be. I'll shut up now and get back in my bunker..... dont rock the boat or as a famous man says light a candle in the darkness.

TTFN.
Muller, if you can find the blokes, the bikes and the kit to do it then more power to your elbow - as you say it would look wonderful! :)
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

what a load of shyte!

the sbg krads have done all of the things you have never seen

im sorry but the blokes have been taught exactly to that first picture

http://www.sbg1.mistral.co.uk/sbg1/dsc_0261.html

http://www.sbg1.mistral.co.uk/krads/index.html

it is done at every event the SBG go to

come and find us at beltring and you will see original krads being used as a kradschuetzen unit
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Die Deutsche Wochenschau 1941-01-22 Nr. 542.

Ritterkreuzträger (Knights Cross holder) Leutnant [Rudolf] Neubrandt (29.09.1940, Leutnant d.R. Zugführer i. d., Panzeraufklärungs-Abteilung 37), der den Angriff leitet.

Die Kradschützen haben sich in zähem Kampf an die feindliche Stellung herangearbeitet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNuagEIPB0

Return to “Vehicles”