Panther Panzer

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Chorlitz|12.SS|

Panther Panzer

Post by Chorlitz|12.SS| »

Hallo,

Me and my freind when were older want to Start a Kampfgruppe Peiper reenactment group. Consisting of 1 tank and a mix 12th SS Hitlerjugend and 1SS LAH Infantry(We can Dream can't We! :) )

i was just wondering

We would most probbebly Base it on a T55.

How much would it cost for someone to make a Panther i Guss its just thick sheats of metal welded over the Chasis.

please someone enlighten me.
jimmyvonk

Re: Panther Panzer

Post by jimmyvonk »

Contact Albert Speer in Berlin, his number should be in the phonebook... :roll:

Otherwise, think of a very large number and tripple it... unless your a certified welder and mechanic with access to free materials and a big old crane. :)
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

I just checked an old post of mine for a bloke in the FSU who was making vismod vehicles, but the url has changed

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10351

see also

http://filmpanzer.squarespace.com/
Chorlitz|12.SS|

Wow, thanks. Did you see that original Panther?
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Chorlitz|12.SS| wrote:Hallo,

Me and my freind when were older want to Start a Kampfgruppe Peiper reenactment group. Consisting of 1 tank and a mix 12th SS Hitlerjugend and 1SS LAH Infantry(We can Dream can't We! :) )

i was just wondering

We would most probbebly Base it on a T55.

How much would it cost for someone to make a Panther i Guss its just thick sheats of metal welded over the Chasis.

please someone enlighten me.
It's a bold idea certainly, I have to ask though, do you have a T55 ready for working on or are you going to get one later?
It's an interesting one.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Chorlitz|12.SS|

I wish... we were thinking eastern europe or mabey even china to get hold of one.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

And you've both planned the buying, import money? Hiring of containers, transports?
Wish I was 16 again :lol:
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Chorlitz|12.SS| wrote:Wow, thanks. Did you see that original Panther?
go to

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Panzers.html

then
Reproductions of Panzers based on modern Tanks Listed here are some reproductions of German, Russian and Japanese tanks based on modern vehicles that you can find in some films or armour-related events.
the Panzer III Ausf. J, based on M113 APC parts is very impressive
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

GO for it!
The group I am associated with SECOND BATTLE GROUP(some love us,some hate us) have taken thirty years to collect the"toys" we get to play with at shows.
Getting a piece of armour is one thing,but then there is the upkeep/transport costs etc.
We are very lucky that we have great team of "grease monkeys" that are only too pleased to be up to their necks in muck and rust(some say its an illness) without them it would be just a collection of rust on wheels.
And then you have recruit a large number of devients and perverts :oops: oops sorry I mean friends and comrades who do'nt mind giving up their spare time and hard earned cash to accquire more said 'rust and to keep the exsisting rust going.
Because to accieve these things is not down to one or two people,but the whole membership and not forgetting the many veterans we have met for their advise and memories. :D
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Chorlitz|12.SS|

I know its a bit crazy but Mike the Guy in tiger 1 (Which i've heard is closing down, is this true?) he got his Tiger made up from a t55 and apperently he is seeling that for £60,000.

and he bought the Stug for £25,000

I don't know.... but remmember its just an idea i don't know how things will unfold with time(I could be a road sweeper or a millionaire)
LAH- Obergrenadier

Post by LAH- Obergrenadier »

Hi Matey

Very interesting venture you have embarked upon....as previously mentioned on other posts it is a monumental task to build a replica tank/AV of any kind. The going rate for any functional t55 in decent condition is £35000 upwards at moment, plus all that would be also involved in shipping and paperwork to transfer. Not to mention labour and all the tech expertise needed to get an accurate build worthy of a SS re-enactment group. Its the bolt and nut counters you have to appease, as they get great pleasure out of picking holes in replica's.......

I am talking from first hand experiance as I have had one replica vehicle finished recently and have another due to be finished in a months time with a full announcement on this forum when the time is right.

good luck!!!

p.s. I have first hand knowledge of 'the tiger' and it does need a lot of work and maintenance doing !!!!

BIG H Heinrich Mueller
Unterscharfuhrer Aufklarungs zug Kampfgruppe Stahlkrieger
http://www.stahlkrieger.co.uk
STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

Glad you posted this query Chorlitz, certainly a fountain of wisdom this forum is! It would be excellent and a dream for this to work out in the future, you all may think we're crazy, but it's worth having aims in this hobby to keep it going. The logistics of it seem a nightmare, but I'm sure we can always look into it a bit more in the future.

Also, is it possible to change the wheel alignment (a BIG point of picky-ness amongst experts) of a T55, or would it be a better idea just to see if a chassis can be built from scratch?

Kauer
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

One thing to consider of course is that replica's are often built with little thought given to maintenance down the line, I was struck that to get at the powerpack of the tiger, no small amount of "unpicking" would have to be done to get at its vitals!

I think that when John phillips built his stug tho access is a little easier?

Time was not so long ago that OT810's were readily affordable and so were T34's!, not so now!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!

Return to “Vehicles”