Rheinmetall Flak 39 3,7cm: Who has one?

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

HGKanonier

Rheinmetall Flak 39 3,7cm: Who has one?

Post by HGKanonier »

Achtung, achtung!
I would like to know how many of these export model 3,7cm Flaks are being used in the hobby. I know 2nd Panzer in Chicago/Midwest and Frundsberg in NJ/NY have them.
The cannon itself should be the same 8-round Loading Tray fed cannon used in the Flak 18 3,7cm. The mount itself differs by using a gunner and a-gunner positioned at the front of the mount, like the Bofors 40mm AA gun.
2. Panzer (nice restoration job, btw)
The Kriegsmarine deployed similar guns and mounts on ships, using the gunner and A-gunner configuration instead of a single gunner behind the piece like the 2,0 cm Flak 30 and 38.
This latest lot appear to be from Romania who received this to help defend the Ploesti Oilfields perhaps.
These were also sold to Greece, Holland and licensed for production is USSR. Many of these received a coat of Panzergrau or Dunkelgelb and placed into Wehrmacht service.

I'm asking because I'm considering buying one for a lawn ornament...no, just joking.
dbloge

Re: Rheinmetall Flak 39 3,7cm: Who has one?

Post by dbloge »

my unit has 2 of them.......they are in the restoration stage and will hopefully be up and firing for the rockford il. event in 2 months

dieter
709th.org
Paulkd

Post by Paulkd »

Dave H was selling one at beltring last year, anyone know where it went?
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
HGKanonier

Post by HGKanonier »

Any idea what sight system? I thought at first this was the set:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 41420.html

But, the 39 here doesn't have the taper at the top of the sight socket.

So, I assume these are for one of the Kriegsmarine Flak-Vierling or other Flak systeme.

I have one of these, semi-universal reflex sights, used on some 2,0cm Flak 30 mounts, FlakVisier33:
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

i have 1 real pic of the gun on the 709th.org site....it doesnt have a sight though ???

dieter
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

one of our flak 39's is getting close to being completed.......only 1 month left to complete it.......a few pics at http://709th.org/Flak_39_s__2_.html .......more pics to follow in the next few weeks

dieter

Return to “Vehicles”