hetzer vs. post war assault gun

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

dbloge

hetzer vs. post war assault gun

Post by dbloge »

i saw a site a few years ago describing the differences between a wartime hetzer and a post war swiss assault gun....i did some web searches and cant find it....anybody have the address?

thanks, dieter
grenadier181

Re: hetzer vs. post war assault gun

Post by grenadier181 »

removed this post as the site had the wrong link, see below
Last edited by grenadier181 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grenadier181

Post by grenadier181 »

dbloge wrote:i saw a site a few years ago describing the differences between a wartime hetzer and a post war swiss assault gun....i did some web searches and cant find it....anybody have the address?

thanks, dieter
This?

http://www.pzfahrer.net/hetzspecs.html
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

perfect....thanks

dieter
mario33

Post by mario33 »

... well, old post but...

it runs ;) Poland again (exactly today's footage)

Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

I'd sack that commander he was rubbish! :lol: Nearly reversed into something. Good to see it running.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

having driven a hetzer. the vision is non existent and the driving position restricted. the tillers are horizontal. Under the lip of the commander's hatch are three buttons. they correspond to three lights in the driver's console.Red, white and green. When pressed they inform the driver to go left, forwards or right (in that order) These should be used in preference to radio/intercom commands.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Jagtpanzer 38t dont have lights in them? not the one i have dealings with, driver dont bother looking when we do it and only follow the commnders commands,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3eMLUqO ... ture=share

about 2.30 hard work in woods
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

Hoffman Grink wrote:having driven a hetzer. the vision is non existent and the driving position restricted. the tillers are horizontal. Under the lip of the commander's hatch are three buttons. they correspond to three lights in the driver's console.Red, white and green. When pressed they inform the driver to go left, forwards or right (in that order) These should be used in preference to radio/intercom commands.
Yup, that's why I was blaming the commander not the driver. It's his overall responsibility for maneuvering a tank, forward or reverse! Makes you wonder about the British Mk1 - IX, they had two drivers and two gearsmen! :roll:
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

barnaclebill wrote:
Hoffman Grink wrote:having driven a hetzer. the vision is non existent and the driving position restricted. the tillers are horizontal. Under the lip of the commander's hatch are three buttons. they correspond to three lights in the driver's console.Red, white and green. When pressed they inform the driver to go left, forwards or right (in that order) These should be used in preference to radio/intercom commands.
Yup, that's why I was blaming the commander not the driver. It's his overall responsibility for maneuvering a tank, forward or reverse! Makes you wonder about the British Mk1 - IX, they had two drivers and two gearsmen! :roll:
Andy Did say that you started as a gearsman on that beast :lol: But sir you know as well as me that things work well untill you add an officer to the mix
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Vehicles”